Before the fish incident my pressure cooker worked great, I liked to put ribs in the pot to soften up before the bbq.
I what I meant was don't put a cheap pressure cooker on a gas burner (see instructions 1 and 13)
1. Read all instructions.
2. Always check the vent pipe before use. Hold cover up to light
and look through vent pipe to be certain it is clear.
3. Always check the air vent/cover lock to be sure it moves freely before use.
4. Do not fill pressure cooker over full. For soup, grains, and dry beans and peas which expand during cooking, do not fill cooker over full. Overfilling may cause a risk of clogging the vent pipe and developing excess pressure. See food preparation instructions.
5. Do not pressure cook applesauce, cranberries, rhubarb, cereals, pastas, dried soup mixes, or any dry beans and peas which are not listed on the chart on page 29. These foods tend to foam, froth, and sputter and may block the vent pipe, overpressure plug, and air vent/cover lock.
6. This appliance cooks under pressure. Improper use may result in scalding injury. Make certain pressure cooker is properly closed before operating; cover handle must be directly above the body handle. See “How To Use Instructions.”
7. Do not place the pressure cooker or attempt to pressure cook in a heated oven.
8. Extreme caution must be used when moving a pressure cooker containing hot liquids. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
9. Do not open pressure cooker until internal pressure has been completely reduced, air vent/cover lock has dropped, and no steam escapes when the pressure regulator is removed. See “How To Use Instructions.”
10. Caution: To ensure safe operation and satisfactory performance, replace the overpressure plug every time you replace the sealing ring or sooner if it becomes hard, deformed, cracked, worn, or pitted. It is recommended that the sealing ring and overpressure plug be replaced at least every two years.
11. Close supervision is necessary when the pressure cooker is used near children. It is not recommended that children use the pressure cooker.
12. When normal operating pressure is reached, the pressure regulator will begin to rock. Gradually lower the heat to maintain a slow, steady rocking motion. If the pressure regulator is allowed to rock vigorously excess steam will escape
, liquid will be evaporated, and food may scorch.
13. Caution: Do not use pressure cooker on an outdoor LP gas burner or gas range over 12,000 BTU’s.
14. Do not use this pressure cooker for other than intended use.
15. Do not use this pressure cooker for pressure frying with oil.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS