1. Purchase package of hot dogs (any variety will do, although I like Oscar Meyer)
2. Cut a green stick (ok, ok, you environmentalist types use one of those long metal forks)
3. Sharpen stick with knife. (careful not to cut yourself with knife or poke yourself in the eye with the newly sharpened stick ... both of which have happened to me)
4. Start blazing campfire, just before dark (careful not to burn yourself).
5. Insert stick into hot dog (not the palm of your hand)(same warning applies if you are using one of the long metal forks)
6. Slowly roast hot dog over hot coals. (careful not to burn ... because a burnt hot dog could cause cancer or make one leg shorter than the other).
7. Test for doneness.
8. After hot dog cools, eat hot dog right off stick.
(For an interesting twist on this recipe ... purchase pack of hot dog buns and steal some condiment packets from your local fast food place)(I don't do this, however. I'm a purist when it comes to hot dogs.)
Ok, ok ... Pam doesn't condone, approve or for that matter, even purchase hot dogs for me to consume on any regular basis.
Her favorite camping meal involves broccoli, etc.
But if I whine enough ... Or manage to stay-on-her-good-side long enough .... she will occasionally ... and I do mean occasionally ... let me eat a hot dog over an open fire.
And boy, is it ever good.