Recipe List - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2003, 06:46 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Recipe List

I was looking over the many recipes on this board I want to try and realized we need a "topic" which is only the recipes.
If one of the Moderators who is tech savy could cut and paste them together. Plus we could all post only recipes to that topic then those of us who are less savy could print just the list, and not all the comments between.
I love the back and forth on the recipe topic and am thinking this should be set up so that you put recipe and comments in as we do now but also put the recipe only on the "recipe only" topic.
Can/should we do this??
That's my prebreakfast two cents worth.:conf

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:20 AM   #2

I just cut and paste recipes as I find them to my hardrive. We have tried this 'no one can talk here' threads before. it hasn't worked to well, we (I) forget and gab away. :chatter

Maybe Mary or Michael or someone can figure out a way. It's past me. :spin

Old 05-09-2003, 08:53 AM   #3

Good idea, Charlie!

I'm not sure the best way to go about the implementation, but I like the idea. Will have to study on it.

We could have a ''Recipe File'' that was a sticky, so it'd always stay at the top of the Food Forum. Like Jana says, it's hard to keep comments out, so ''The File'' might need to be locked (only added to by those with authorization to unlock and maintain it).

I don't know how much time such a thing would require. It also still wouldn't have any topical organization, as recipes would be added chronologically, of course.

Another, much grander idea, would be for some interested (and capable) member to make a webpage of our recipes. This would allow categorization by type of food, preparation methods (home vs. camping), etc.

I'm sure the Webguy would be happy to put a link on the HOME page (has anybody looked at this week's photo?) from the FiberglassRV.com ''Recipe File'' page.

Right now just getting a sticky Recipe File going in this forum would probably suffice (not too many actual recipes when you take out the comment!) But I'd love to see the webpage link develop as the Recipe File grows!!

Any other ideas?

:ola