Scallops Wrapped in Bacon - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 76
I had these at a party, wow yum, and thought they'd be easy to cook over the fire. Pre-skewer and freeze and cook over foil on the grill sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, serve with rice-a-roni and a salad...gourmet.
__________________

__________________
Suzanne P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Lainey's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Posts: 538
Yum! I make them at home, but never thought of doing them while camping. Why not!?

Mine usually get marinated in a bit of balsamic vinegar, chopped fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. That could all be done in a Zip lock bag and freeze before throwing in the cooler.
__________________

__________________
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:18 AM   #3
Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 76
Yum (squared) yours sound even better, with a tad of olive oil...
I also like plain old smoked sausage chunks with red potato halves and chunky onions and carrots and green pepper chunks in foil packages, can't go wrong with that either.
Quote:
Yum! I make them at home, but never thought of doing them while camping. Why not!?

Mine usually get marinated in a bit of balsamic vinegar, chopped fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. That could all be done in a Zip lock bag and freeze before throwing in the cooler.
__________________
Suzanne P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Lainey's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Posts: 538
Quote:
Yum (squared) yours sound even better, with a tad of olive oil...
I also like plain old smoked sausage chunks with red potato halves and chunky onions and carrots and green pepper chunks in foil packages, can't go wrong with that either.
Oh my gosh! Sausage! I do the foil veggie pouches all the time (make at home and freeze for the cooler), but never thought of adding sausage! Mmmm
I add the little cherry tomatoes to mine sometimes.
__________________
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Posts: 335
I always find the problem with cooking over a campfire is we don't start the fire until 8:30 or so (way too hot beforehand) and that's too late for dinner. On time for s'mores, but too late to wait for coals and start dinner. I don't like hot dogs much, unless they're roasted over a fire, but we even forgo those...

What do the rest of you do?

Quote:
Oh my gosh! Sausage! I do the foil veggie pouches all the time (make at home and freeze for the cooler), but never thought of adding sausage! Mmmm
I add the little cherry tomatoes to mine sometimes.
__________________
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canned Bacon thomas kaz Camp Cooking, Food & Recipes 39 10-24-2011 09:14 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.