Short trip meal ideas, no electric - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #29
Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Cobb grill... just saying! I've made some amazing meals over 10 briquettes. Cleanup was a snap.

fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #30
Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
I am not interested (at the moment) in gourmet cooking in my little U-Haul, but I do want to eat something tasty, so I read a number of blogs and recipe books by backpackers and took some of their advice.

The Bear Creek Country Kitchen soups and chills can be divided up into smaller portions and then you just need to boil water. Most of the time is spent off the heat letting it cook in the hot water. I have to say that I really loved the macaroni and cheese, and am looking forward to some of the other ones.

I make up yoghurt, fruit, and granola cups in the summer time. Hot instant oatmeal in the colder weather. Other things start out frozen and then get eaten after they have thawed, like brownies or chocolate chip cookies.

Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #31
Name: LucyKay
Trailer: Casita
Cooking on the engine?

Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Anyone read the book "Manifold Destiny" about cooking on the engine while you drive. Long out of print and hard to find at a reasonable price, but a few years ago our son found me a copy. Recipes like cod supreme, halibut with fennel, veal scallopine, eggs-on cheese pie, provolone potatoes, and a bunch of others. Even tells how many miles to drive for cook time. Pull into camp and your meal is ready. EDIT; just looked on ebay, several copies for $15 or less, a few years ago they were much higher priced.
Lol, lol, lol ha ha ha! Love it. Thanks for the best laugh. My husband said "you've never heard of it" That's how he and friends got the idea of putting limburger cheese on the manifold of the night watchmans car back when he was in high school.

KayD. is offline   Reply With Quote