Slathered Mustard Steak - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2002, 11:38 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Slathered Mustard Steak

This is one of those "Secret Recipe" kinda things; sounds not-so-good, but if you try it, you'll probably like it. I prefer an inch and a quarter Ribeye; once out of the fridge, schmear plain ole everyday yellow mustard all over it; top, bottom, sides. Then let it set (covered) till it comes up to room temp. Throw it on the coals; cook as usual. The mustard will mostly disappear as the steak cooks; there will be a bit of brownish color left behind, but the flavor is "Oh so good"! Your own version of spices and seasonings can make it even better, but it will be fine without.
Once tried, you might even try other versions of mustard, just for fun.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 05:39 AM   #2

Sounds delicious Bill!

Sounds delicious Bill! We'll try it!

My wife, Pam, does something similar with salmon filets ... except she smothers the filets in mayonnaise (both sides), covers with pepper and spices to taste, then we grill the filets. The mayonnaise disappears during the grilling (like your mustard does) ... but the taste is out of this world.

Good tip on mustard!

Old 10-03-2002, 07:34 AM   #3

Similar

Another one that's similar to the Salmon-mayo is Trout with Italian dressing (the creamy version).
Then there is the chicken breast dressed in Parmeasan-Peppercorn salad dressing before cooking. This one is featured in many upscale restaurants at a rather scary price. You'd think there would be more to it, but . . . .

Old 10-03-2002, 07:38 AM   #4

You two

You two are making me hungry ... and it's still early in the morning!

Old 02-08-2003, 05:30 AM   #5

I must be camp cook'en hungry

I keep finding these great food choices for the camper. and of course I think no one else has seen them either. It's camping fever

Old 02-08-2003, 07:45 AM   #6

Great recipe

We love stuff like this. I think our favorite is a nice salmon filet, slathered with Horlocher's Dipping Mustard (another good, sweet mustard will do maybe), sprinkled with fresh-cracked, coarse pepper, wrapped in alumfoil and popped onto the grill. Done in no time and dee-lish-us!

Old 02-08-2003, 09:20 AM   #7

Mustard slathered salmon

Hey, Robert - that does sound great. Sorry this is just a ''me too'' post (no substance), but we're going to have to try that!

:sunny

Old 02-08-2003, 10:28 AM   #8

I love

the fact that camping gives us ''carte blanche'' on the diet.These recipes are so wonderful and its camping that gives us the O.K and something special to look forward to. I have recipes that I will only make when we are camping! eg, Oysters ,bacon and tomatoes.(brunch)
Heres our favourite dinner........
2 racks of b.c. or New Zealand lamb thickly coated with a mixture of crushed garlic,dijon mustard and black pepper. stand them up with ribs interlocked (like interlocking your fingers) and roast in pre-heated oven approx 425 degrees for 45 min (rare to medium rare).
or how you like it.They can be cooked over hot coals or grilled as alternative.Divide ribs and pick them up,this is mandatory!
Wine? The sky is the limit but we enjoy Gewurztraminer.(white, herb)

If you like mint heres how we make mint sauce:
Chop finely 1 cup fresh mint, just cover with malt vinigar,add sugar to your taste 1-2 tbs would be my suggestion. let stand for couple of hours. serve with the lamb.
Thanks for all the great ideas for the upcoming season!:flowers

Bon Apetit:wine

Maybe this should be in the ''How do I love thee thread?''

Old 02-08-2003, 05:23 PM   #9

good idea pippa. it seems we get to talking and one of those *I loves* just pops up.