s'mores adaptation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #1

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
s'mores adaptation

I suspect everyone has had or heard of S'mores - Graham crackers sandwiched together with a marshmallow and some chocolate and then heated over the campfire.

My grandkids enjoy an updated version that they call S'mortillas.......a tortilla with their choice of filling (marshmallow, peanut butter, chocolate, banana etc)....rolled up, wrapped in tinfoil and roasted over the fire. Yum.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Arizona
anything in a tortilla

Hazel, I grew up in Tucson (Arizona) and I'll eat anything in a tortilla . Your idea sounds great to me.

Here's another contribution to your smore's theme:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_2kewkq45lp_b

These granola crackers come individually wrapped so the box stays fresh. They are about 2" square and come "prelaminated" with really good dark chocolate . The flavor is as much graham as it is granola. They make a nice light dessert or snack alone. Two of them makes a gourmet smore! they kind of rich though. Ones does me just fine.

David
DavidSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
We've always used chocolate covered graham crackers for smores. (mine were always the grocery store variety, no gourmet brands We never seemed to be able to find the chocolate bars by the time we made smores (whooo ate them? never found out). So now, we don't have to bring along chocolate bars separately.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I don't care for chocolate... probably the only person on the face of the earth . So, I make my S'mores a bit differently. I use caramel! I buy Caramel wraps for apples. They're really nothing more than smashed flat Kraft Caramels. I cut one wrap into fourths. Roast the marshmello, put it on the graham cracker/caramel slab, smoosh the marshmellow with a graham cracker topper, then pull it off and sprinkle with crushed nuts... any kind will do, put the graham cracker topper back on and... feast!

One is enough, it's very rich.... someone pass the milk!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Along the lines of tortilla smores, you have nacho smores. Break up the graham crackers to the smallest size pieces. Pile on a plate, scatter chocolate squares around the top for them. Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top, microwave.

No microwave, I think it could work to put in foil pan, tent with foil to keep from touching goodies, place near the coals for a VERY short time, rotating pan to get all sides warm enough to melt marshmallows and chocolate squares. Put on the table and enjoy. Terry R.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #6

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Another option is Little Schoolboy cookies instead of Graham's. They come in regular and hazlenut.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #7

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
make em using reeses peanut butter cups for a change up sometimes
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I don't care for chocolate... probably the only person on the face of the earth . So, I make my S'mores a bit differently. I use caramel! I buy Caramel wraps for apples. They're really nothing more than smashed flat Kraft Caramels. I cut one wrap into fourths. Roast the marshmello, put it on the graham cracker/caramel slab, smoosh the marshmellow with a graham cracker topper, then pull it off and sprinkle with crushed nuts... any kind will do, put the graham cracker topper back on and... feast!

One is enough, it's very rich.... someone pass the milk!
geeeze donna,,,you could get kicked out of the gender for saying you donl;t care for chocolate......
we recently tried reeses peanut butter cups in place of the chocolate bar for smoores....pretty darn good.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Trust me John, when I tell folks I don't care for chocolate... not worth the calories, people look at me like I have two heads.

I know why I never get a heart-shaped box of chocolate for Valetine's Day
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #10

Name: Tina
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Trust me John, when I tell folks I don't care for chocolate... not worth the calories, people look at me like I have two heads.

I know why I never get a heart-shaped box of chocolate for Valetine's Day
Same here, not a fan of chocolate! I love your idea of caramel apple wraps . We have used ice cream toppings like hot fudge, cold and out of the jar in place of chocolate bars. I am now thinking of caramel ice cream topping out of the jar, mmm.
Tina in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote