S'mores fix - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Mimi Lee's Avatar
 
Name: Mimi
Trailer: Parkliner
Florida
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Before this Lifelong Girl Scout passes judgement on this...perverse though admittedly novel idea, I wish to inquire:

Was this strictly an emergency measure brought on by the exigencies of your circumstances, or do you propose that this is a permanent substitute for The Real Thing?


Francesca
Teehee... emergency measure due to circumstances... S'mores are a dual experience. No permanent substitute for the ritual of firebuilding, and playing musical chairs around the smoke as the wind blows, and making the sandwhiches, and squashing them just right before that first bite. Not to worry Francesca
__________________

__________________
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Francesca Knowles's Avatar
 
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Posts: 4,543
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi Lee View Post
Teehee... emergency measure due to circumstances... S'mores are a dual experience. No permanent substitute for the ritual of firebuilding, and playing musical chairs around the smoke as the wind blows, and making the sandwhiches, and squashing them just right before that first bite. Not to worry Francesca
WHEW! I am so relieved... so much so, in fact, that I'll relate to you my own "S'mores emergency":

Many years ago, my Sister and I set out on a camping trip, having made no preparations whatsoever except that we'd taken care to bring along marshmallows, Hershey bars, and graham crackers. (Though she was raised in Campfire Girls and I was raised in Girl Scouts, we did have this one thing in common). Due (perhaps) to a lack of planning, our first night out found us marooned in a freeway rest area, condemned to sleep in the back of the pickup that our Mother had kindly provided for the trip.

There we were, preparing to sleep...and yet...could we? Without having consumed the requisite s'mores-before-bedtime? The answer, of course, was a resounding "NO!".

Ever able to adjust to our circumstances, we hunkered down in the shelter of the canopy, atop our nylon sleeping bags, where we ve-ry carefully set fire to one marshmallow after another by means of a Bic lighter- success! And we didn't burn ourselves down, either...

Now, THAT, my Darling Dears, is camping!

Francesca
__________________

__________________
.................................
Propane Facts vs. Fiction:. Click here
Tow Limit Calculator: Click here
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Mimi Lee's Avatar
 
Name: Mimi
Trailer: Parkliner
Florida
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post

Ever able to adjust to our circumstances, we hunkered down in the shelter of the canopy, atop our nylon sleeping bags, where we ve-ry carefully set fire to one marshmallow after another by means of a Bic lighter- success! And we didn't burn ourselves down, either...

Now, THAT, my Darling Dears, is camping!

Francesca
And THAT is what it means to make indelible camping memories! Thanks for shaing this lovely story!
__________________
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
SeansmomSandy's Avatar
 
Name: Sandy
Trailer: Dolphin 15 ft
Ottawa, ON
Posts: 100
Registry
Late to this post, but couldn't resist. We keep graham crackers and a jar of Nutella and marshmallows in the trailer at all times. Nutella is easy to spread and does not need a fridge, and it doesn't melt. Always a good sub if you run out of chocolate bars...
__________________
SeansmomSandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
carlkeigley's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,366
I bought some Little Debbie S'mores because of reading this thread......lol
That will be my first and last box of those things.
__________________
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
papa-t's Avatar
 
Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Posts: 969
Mimi is our Teacup poodle's name. Chocolate is my biggest weakness.
__________________
“I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
papa-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Mimi Lee's Avatar
 
Name: Mimi
Trailer: Parkliner
Florida
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeansmomSandy View Post
Late to this post, but couldn't resist. We keep graham crackers and a jar of Nutella and marshmallows in the trailer at all times. Nutella is easy to spread and does not need a fridge, and it doesn't melt. Always a good sub if you run out of chocolate bars...
Love Nutella!! Sadly, one of the kiddies tested positive for hazelnut allergy. Boo hoo! Can't keep it around anymore.
__________________
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Mimi Lee's Avatar
 
Name: Mimi
Trailer: Parkliner
Florida
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
I bought some Little Debbie S'mores because of reading this thread......lol
That will be my first and last box of those things.
I haven't seem these. Last because they were not any good, or because they were that good?
__________________
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Mimi Lee's Avatar
 
Name: Mimi
Trailer: Parkliner
Florida
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa-t View Post
Mimi is our Teacup poodle's name. Chocolate is my biggest weakness.
Heehee, chocolate is one of my *many* weaknesses, my sweet tooth does not discriminate!
__________________
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
carlkeigley's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi Lee View Post
I haven't seem these. Last because they were not any good, or because they were that good?
For my taste, they were h-o-r-r-i-d!!!
__________________

__________________
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
s'mores adaptation Hazel in Sk Camp Cooking, Food & Recipes 9 04-17-2012 06:12 PM
When is fiberglass too far gone to fix? CeliaL Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 7 07-15-2011 07:43 PM
website fix Lew King General Chat 1 11-17-2005 01:10 PM
Don’t fix it Legacy Posts Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 2 11-27-2002 01:40 AM

» Trailer Showcase

Bigfoot

40bpm

Scamp

Carol B.
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.