Spaghetti alla carbonara - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #1

Trailer: Lander
Send a message via MSN to Riccardo
Hi dear!
So, How you know, w have the best kitchen of the world, asy, full of tipical vegetables, with a great flavour and good, for your heart's peace of mind.
Try to look for an italian kind of pasta....es. BARILLA, DE CECCO, BUITONI etc.
Then, make to boil the water, when it boiles, put just few salt, enough for giving at the pasta a decided flavour., and put the pasta in the boiling water, waiting for 10/12 minutes on the fire.
Then, in another plate break two eggs (not casitas pleace, it's very similar to my Lander) and shake the eggs for two minute.
In another place you are preparing the bacon, cut in small slices, just with oil (good oil),
hard paprika and onions .
Ok, now look at the clock for the pasta, and get out the cooking water.
Put pasta on a wok, with the other two ingredients, so eggs, and bacon everything on the fire for two minutes.
If you like some pepper, not too much....
Good lunch!!
In 12 minutes you have a tipical Roman place to eat, especially during a party!

Ciao Ciao
Riccardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Then, in another plate break two eggs (not casitas pleace, it's very similar to my Lander) and shake the eggs for two minute.
Good humor Riccardo!

And this recipe sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Grazie Riccardo, for the real Italian recipe

about the eggs

My favorite pasta is Barilla "gemelli." Is that a real Italian pasta shape, or maybe just a shape they make for Americans?

If it is a real Italian pasta shape, can you tell me what sort of recipe you would use with it in Italy? I have always wondered. I had better not tell you how I make it, or you will be horrified

Raya

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Thanks for sharing, Riccardo. This is one of my favorite dishes although I omit the bacon and instead add parsley and grated parmesan. I wish you were coming to some of the potlucks where I'll be this summer. Your dish would be a hit! Ciao! Ciao!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Grazie Riccardo, for the real Italian recipe

about the eggs

My favorite pasta is Barilla "gemelli." Is that a real Italian pasta shape, or maybe just a shape they make for Americans?

If it is a real Italian pasta shape, can you tell me what sort of recipe you would use with it in Italy? I have always wondered. I had better not tell you how I make it, or you will be horrified

Raya
Hi Raya, sorry for my delay to answer, but we have more then some our of different time and I use to watch for your forum during my working in a roman Hospital, I,m a paramedic.
So, you should prepare spaghetti, and I think we eat the same kind, in medium pot with 3 or four liter of water(2 or 3 bottle of water large size).
Remember after boiling to put half an hand of salt.
It's esear than what you immagine.
So if you send me your address I could send to you a very special kind of pasta, the best we have in Italy!
So, send me your private address to rikameis[at]hotmail.it and as soon as possible I'll be happy to bring in your wonderfull country a slice of Italy.
P.S.
Barilla is good, but probably you have as I 've seen in England, different kind.
For example, sometimes, I have foud , in the Hollywood creativity, spaghetti with the face of a maccherone that very often you use to call maccarone.
Let me explain all pasta's tipology HERE!!
THANK YOU,
falks!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #6

Hi Riccardo,

Wow, grazie for the nice offer. Real Italian pasta would be very cool I will send you an e-mail. Then I will have to think of something American to send you

I like the pasta chart. And look, it does show gemelli! Here is what it looks like:

Name:   gemelli.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  1.4 KB

I have read that Italians use different sauces with different pasta types, so I was wondering what type of sauce you would use with gemelli.

But of course maybe you don't even eat gemelli That would be like thinking every American loves peanut butter. I don't know why I like gemelli so much, but I just do.

Also, we all understand here if you (or anyone) takes a few days to reply in a thread; after all, you may not be on the Internet every five minutes, and plus sometimes you have to take a bit of time to make a reply. And there is the time difference.

Raya
Old 03-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #7

Trailer: Lander (401)
Registry
...Ciao Riccardo... quando mi inviti a cena?

...Hi Riccardo,
I'm waiting for your invitation dinner?
robirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi Riccardo,

Wow, grazie for the nice offer. Real Italian pasta would be very cool I will send you an e-mail. Then I will have to think of something American to send you

I like the pasta chart. And look, it does show gemelli! Here is what it looks like:

Attachment 18801

I have read that Italians use different sauces with different pasta types, so I was wondering what type of sauce you would use with gemelli.

But of course maybe you don't even eat gemelli That would be like thinking every American loves peanut butter. I don't know why I like gemelli so much, but I just do.

Also, we all understand here if you (or anyone) takes a few days to reply in a thread; after all, you may not be on the Internet every five minutes, and plus sometimes you have to take a bit of time to make a reply. And there is the time difference.

Raya
Hi Raya,
perfect! I'll send as soon as possible the PASTA DI GRAGNANO, the best from Naples(Napoli).
For the kind of sauce to use, you should buy a medium confection of tuna, you open and remove the oil.
Than take some tomatoes and shake to obtain a sauce.
Ok, now, you have to fry good oil in a pam with a slice of fresh garlic and a little bit of hot pepper, not too much!
Then, put the tomatoes sauce in the pam with the fried garlic and twist the sauce with a spoon.
Now put some white wine, just half a glass and put the tuna .
Put the cover on the pam and wait with a small fire for half an hour, not more.
While you make the sauce you are boiling the Gragnano's pasta for the suggested time and remeber the salt!
Now make together the souce and the pasta and good lunch, or dinner!

Sorry for my english, I'm just improving it, 'cause I learnt very well, but too much time ago!!

I'm very proud to talk with you!
I hope to meet you soon, waiting for my Kidds growing!
Tanx, a great embrace from Italy, so far but so near too!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #9

Quote:
...Ciao Riccardo... quando mi inviti a cena!!!

...Hi Riccardo,
I'm waiting for your invitation's diner
Just tomorrow, you are one of the best friend of mine and thank you so much for your suggesting this forum!
Grazie Rob!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #10

Riccardo,

Your English is great Completely understandable but with a nice, Italian twist. Speaking generally, Americans love an accent (whether written or spoken)

I have one question about the recipe - a step I did not quite understand:

Quote:
For the kind of sauce to use, you should buy a medium confection of tuna, you open and remove the oil.
Than take some tomatoes and shake to obtain a sauce.
So I understand that you remove the oil from the tuna. But the next step, where you shake the tomatoes to make a sauce...

1) Is that just shaking tomatoes all by themselves, so they break down and make a sauce?

2) Or is it shaking the tomatoes with oil that you removed from the tuna? (I can't tell if you completely do not use the oil, or if you shake the tomatoes with it.)

This sounds delicious! I would like to make it for a group of egg campers (but not too many live near me). Maybe sometime I will be able to get to a group gathering, and I will have practiced the recipe

This is a great thread. When we find "Italian" recipes here in the US, we never know if they are "real" or if they have been changed to supposedly make us like them more Or they are very fancy recipes, with very many ingredients. It's very nice to get some real, everyday kind of Italian recipes.

Raya
Old 03-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #11

Thank you Raya!
So, about the tuna's oil, you can use it, but, I use not to shake tuna and its oil before have made a good simple sauce just with tomatoes.
So, prepare the sauce and then put the tuna without its oil in!
It's very good and a perfect marriage with the kind of pasta I'm going to send to you!
Probably you'll n ever find the original "parmigiano"'cause sometimes I met something not so similar, but this dish is with fish(tuna), so the parmigiano is not suggested.
I'll post other trhead with tipical italian dishes, and I hope to come to meet you for testing your cooking ability!

But please, don't prepae scrambled eggs, I'm very happy to use our eggs just for travelling!!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #12

Okay, I understand now - thanks for clarifying that.

Tomatoes=yes
Tuna=yes
Oil from tuna=no

That makes sense to me, too

I think there is going to be a lot of Italian cooking going on because of this thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #13

Yes, perfect!!

Old 03-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #14

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
About thirty years ago, I spent a wonderful week at my friend's house. Her Italian mother=in-law did not speak English, but we didn't need the language to make together all the wonderful foods for the extended family's New Year's Eve dinner. Gnocci, ravioli, pastas, sauces (gravy, to some), rum cake.... I felt very lucky to get to see and feel the right way to make homemade pastas.
One of my most memorable holday dinners.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #15

Quote:
About thirty years ago, I spent a wonderful week at my friend's house. Her Italian mother=in-law did not speak English, but we didn't need the language to make together all the wonderful foods for the extended family's New Year's Eve dinner. Gnocci, ravioli, pastas, sauces (gravy, to some), rum cake.... I felt very lucky to get to see and feel the right way to make homemade pastas.
One of my most memorable holday dinners.
I perfectl know what you mean for memorable!!!!

Thank you!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #16

Gnocci.... Mmmmm!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #17

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Riccardo,

We only use parmigiano reggiano for our pasta, soup, risotto etc. My husband is from
riese Pio X.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Riccardo,

We only use parmigiano reggiano for our pasta, soup, risotto etc. My husband is from
riese Pio X.
Nice to meet you Barbara!!!

Oi Raya, we say "Gnocchi" to pronounce Gnokki....