Stovetop Convection Oven - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 13 ft Ventura (Made by Venture
I bought a Stovetop Convection Oven at the thrift shop, therefore, no instructions.
There is a rack & a pan insert. I checked the net, but can't find instructions anywhere, can't even find the manufacturer. I bet it's made in China. Underneath there is a deep recessed area. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks
colleenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Gotta picture we could see
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	oven.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	10603
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Gotta picture we could see
I finally found ot on the net, it's a Conventionaire cooker. The recessed bottom sits on the stove. Pic follows. I still haven't found instructions that I can access.

Name:   convectionaire_med.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  7.8 KB
Old 10-23-2007, 05:23 AM   #5

I'd caution you about using it inside the trailer. Unless you get a go ahead from someone that's used one inside successfully. I'd worry about the excess heat. I can't tell from the picture how well insulated it may be.... I know the "oven" from the picture Morgan posted would put out 200-400 degrees of uninsulated heat.... enough to cause some serious heat issues. What I'm trying to say and seem to be doing it badly, is try it on a camp stove outside first...
Old 10-23-2007, 11:38 AM   #6

Quote:
I'd caution you about using it inside the trailer. Unless you get a go ahead from someone that's used one inside successfully. I'd worry about the excess heat. I can't tell from the picture how well insulated it may be.... I know the "oven" from the picture Morgan posted would put out 200-400 degrees of uninsulated heat.... enough to cause some serious heat issues. What I'm trying to say and seem to be doing it badly, is try it on a camp stove outside first...

Good idea! I'm going to see if it bakes a quick bread. Will try it on my kitchen stove.

Thanks bunches!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #7

[quote]Like this?

Attachment 10603

Morgan, does your camp oven really work, & do you use it outside or inside your trailer?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Ah, yes. It's coming back to me. A folding Coleman oven. Something about cooking muffins inside the trailer at the Spring Mill get together in Indiana. The story that was never told. Danger, intrigue and mostly melted trailer parts.

Use it outside the trailer and DAMHIKT!
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:03 PM   #9

I think it's called a Coleman Outdoor Camp Oven for a reason:
Bass Pro Shop - Coleman Outdoor Camp Oven
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
I think it's called a Coleman Outdoor Camp Oven for a reason:
Bass Pro Shop - Coleman Outdoor Camp Oven
I'm a man. I don't read instructions!
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #11

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
Morgan, does your camp oven really work, & do you use it outside or inside your trailer?
Lee used it at Lost Maples SP to cook cornbread. She cooked in the Casita with no problems, just watch that nearby parts don't get too hot.

Lee used it at Lyman Lake SP on a gas ring in the community center to cook burritos.

It's hard to regulate the temperature because, as Donna said, it is not insulated.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:47 PM   #12

Trailer: Boler 1984
Hey!
I have one of those things. Works fine on an old coleman that uses white gas, but doesn't get up to temp on my propane camp stove. Yes I ONLY use it outside. Most of the time it's all packed up and on a shelf in the garage. Just too much trouble to take along. I'm already taking a stove AND a tabletop BBQ. When I do get enough heat into it it works well. It gets so little use that it's probably one of next years garage sale items for the Emily gathering.
If you try yours make sure to have lots of space around the pan. This lets the heat surround it. Too big of a pan and you have cool spots.

There aren't a lot of directions that came with mine. Here's what it says---
1 Center oven over the burner of your camp stove.Protect your stove and oven from wind as much as possible.

2 preheat oven slowly and allow enough time for the desired baking temperature to become stableized.

3 Place pans or other materials, such as potatoes, in the center position of the oven. Do not use pans larger than 8 inches square or 8 inches in diameter.

4 Varying wind conditions and outdoor temperatures may cause baking time to change from that in your recipies. Use normal kitchen testing methods to determine when food is done.
That's it. Have fun and don't get wet.
Jim
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote