What are folks using for cooking utensiles? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #29
Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
I asked a similar question a while back and got some good advice. I don't intend to spend much time cooking when I camp and I want to keep my belongings minimal, so I went with the following for 1 person and 1 dog camping: GSI Outdoors Glacier Kettle, Aeropress Coffee maker, MSR Stowaway pot 1.6 liter, MSR Alpine Fry Pan. Collapsible colander (just because it was adorable), a couple of collapsible bowls with lids, plate, Italian camping utensil set, paper plates, travel mug, and some mini-utensils I found at Ocean State Job Lots. It all fits in 2 small bins.

Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:25 PM   #30
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1422418435.029414.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	80002
For a standing camp.
The sink is the yellow thing on the left under a 9x9 canopy. The food box on the table (from the old inside dinette) holds utensils, coffee pot salt pepper, sugar, coffee, a small pot and cooking oil, dish detergent and cleaning clothes. We use a three burner stove on a folding kitchen unit and I love my cast iron frypan. We carry a 10 lb propane tank that can sit under a table or be chained to a bumper.
Over kill, maybe. Comfortable, yes.

When on the road
A two burner Coleman , one or two pots and a couple of sporks. And two insulated mugs.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:38 PM   #31
Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp
My cooking utensils are from our days of car camping with a three person mountaineering tent hauled in a Jeep Wrangler or MGB. It's mostly small stainless steel with a copper sandwiched on the bottom, one 6" skillet, and two small sauce pans, a 6 cup perc, and a 6" electric skillet that I use to fry meat outside. I've learned to be a bit if a minimalist. One of the pans fits in my Cobb Cooker which then serves as an oven.
1999 Scamp Fifth Wheel, pulled by a 2014 Nissan Frontier Pro4-X
Dennis mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:07 PM   #32
Name: Gardnpondr
Trailer: 1985 BigFoot G
Man I sure am glad I read all this. Here I was about to furnish the camper with all this stuff to cook with. I also cook more than I need and freeze lots of stuff I could use camping as well. We used to primitive camp all the time until I ruptured a disk in my back and then we had to stop because I chose not to have surgery.
So now we have the camper we are working on so we can start back camping again. This week I actually found us a coleman butane light for 5.00 bucks at the thrift store. Has the bottle and every thing on it. He said it worked because they lit it but it does look brand new. Was excited about that since we have an older one and it hasn't been lit in 23 or more years now. I'd like to get a coleman stove for cooking outside with to if I choose to.
I did want to find us a small barbeque grill for taking with us as well. I can't wait to get started back again. Been too long!
Gardnpondr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:54 AM   #33
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Somewhere in the Lower 48
We hardly ever use cookware. 90% of the time everything is cooked on a Weber Q100. I have a griddle which fits it so breakfast foods are not a problem and a small stainless steel vegetable basket. We have baked cornbread, brownies, and cookies with the Q100. I don't go RVing to sit inside/cook inside. The only time we cook inside is if it rains, and then it is something that can be microwaved. And if the microwave stopped working, it would be replaced the next day, but in the short term, there is always the restaurant down the road......

CPW is online now   Reply With Quote