What are the easiest meals to cook while camping? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-10-2019, 09:39 AM   #71

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Pouring the beer into a glass releases carbon dioxide. If you drink from the can or bottle, you swallow that carbon dioxide, giving you that bloated feeling after consuming six or seven beers.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #72

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA/ 2016 Ram V6 Eco Diesel
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Pouring the beer into a glass releases carbon dioxide. If you drink from the can or bottle, you swallow that carbon dioxide, giving you that bloated feeling after consuming six or seven beers.
Hi: Glenn Baglo... Row, row your bloat gently down the stream!!! I found out that what kills beer is light... not temp. I'll use cans in that case!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #73

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I wouldn't know, i would be drunk after 6 or 7
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #74

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Jim, interesting comment. Why does Coca Cola taste better when poured out of a can, rather than drinking directly from a can? Same for beer.
Well, I can't talk on the pop part as I don't drink it, but with beer you do get that nice frothy head and you don't have to drink from the wicked tasting can. I will drink from the can if needed, just much prefer not to.

I don't worry a bit about the light as even if it is still day time, the beer is still gone before it can be affected.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:05 PM   #75

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21
CA
speaking of beer and camping...

we were at REI a week before we left on our recent trip to Utah, and they had Yeti drinking tumblers and stuff on a pretty good sale, so my wife got a pair of the Yeti 20Oz Tumbler. I would have thought silly overpriced etc, but in fact, this tumlber kept coffee warmer longer than our previous Contigo brand motor mugs, AND with a quick rinse, the coffee smell was gone, pour a 12OZ beer into the 20OZ cup, and the beer stayed cold til the last sip, then a quick rinse and the beer smell was gone, good for the next mornings coffee. We were both really impressed (ok, my wife was making Gin and Tonics in hers rather than beer, but still....). only down side, they aren't leak proof, even if you close the magnetic 'sip' lid, they will dribble if tipped. still, you wouldn't want to have beer in a sealed container or it would spray when you open it to sip.

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote

« Lemonade | - »