An "Old Timer" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita
Texas
An "Old Timer"

Since I am new here and retired, thought I would share this story about an "old timer" RVer.

Seems he met his maker and before going to the the big beyond, told his wife to be sure and bury all his hard earned and saved money with him in the casket. She agreed and after the funeral a friend of the wife asked if she had truly followed his wishes. "Sure did," she replied. "I wrote him a check and placed it in his hand."'

"But aren't you afraid he will come back and haunt you?" the friend asked. "No said the wife. He never gives up so I buried him face down and if he tries to dig his way out of the grave he will just have to keep digging until he gets to China!"
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #2

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
I got a good laugh out of it
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #3

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Lmao
Old 04-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #4

Texas
I hope people realize this is just a joke and get a good laugh.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
I hope people realize this is just a joke and get a good laugh.
Hi: J.R... I don't have to worry about that. I have a bad case of "Auld timers" disease. I can never remember where I put my cheque book!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #6

Texas
Thanks for the reply and comment. I am in the same boat, can't seem to do any of the things at this age that I did when I was in my 20s which just confirms my thoughts that "We should be able to retire when we are young enough to do all the things we can't do when we are older, then work in our older years." LOL
Old 04-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Thanks for the reply and comment. I am in the same boat, can't seem to do any of the things at this age that I did when I was in my 20s which just confirms my thoughts that "We should be able to retire when we are young enough to do all the things we can't do when we are older, then work in our older years." LOL
Hi: J.R... My Dad always told me "Son the world is built backwards"!!! "Weeds grow better than flowers".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #8

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Yes but if not for working in my 20's I would have had way too much time to get into trouble.

I heard a variation on that joke where the husband stipulates in his will that the entirety of his wealth be spent on a monument stone. At the funeral when a friend sees a granite marker that while nice clearly did not cost all of the mans accumulated wealth. She enquires of the widow are you not concerned that the court will come after you for violating the will? She replies no, I did spend all his money on a monument stone, it's this large diamond one with the emeralds around it on my necklace.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile I heard a different twist.

A woman, who was engaged to a lawyer, attended her uncle's funeral with her fiance. He noticed that persons were placing money in the casket. The woman explained that this was a custom of her culture and the money was to assure the successful travel of the soul to heaven and that she would be offended if he did not do likewise.
He assured her he would match all the money in the casket. The lawyer then walked up to the casket, counted the money, and placed a check for twice the amount in the casket, pocketing the cash.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #10

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
Solution to problem

Then there was the old guy who said he wanted to be buried along with his Model T becasue he had never been in a hole that it hadn't got him out of.
Scamper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #11

Texas
Wow, didn't realize one small "old timers" joke would bring on so many more. Keep them coming, I really enjoy these things.