Florida cops solve Casita thefts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / Infiniti SUV
My grandchildren have learned a bunch of nasty habits from me. So, I think a granddaughter may have done a little cutting and pasting on the "original" story to make sure it referred to a "Casita" before emailing it to me. But anyway, it's funny, whether it's true or not.

FL family's trailer stolen
The Associated Press
Article Last Updated: 05/01/2007 03:15:20 PM EDT

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fl. - A retired couple from Sheboygan, Wis. were relieved to have their Casita travel trailer returned to them Tuesday afternoon. The travel trailer belonged to Ed and Dorothy Anderson. The couple was vacationing in Florida and had returned Tuesday morning from a walk on the beach to find their Casita had been stolen from their campsite. The distraught couple notified the local authorities. "We couldn't believe it," the Andersons said. "We had such a nice walk on the beach and returned to an empty campsite."

Meanwhile, local authorities had also been notified of another incident involving a Casita travel trailer. Paul and Marge Sullivan had also been vacationing with their Casita travel trailer. They packed up Tuesday morning to return to their home in Macon, Georgia. The couple had stopped at a Wal-Mart to use the restroom and stretch their legs on their trip home. "When I got out of our truck, I heard this horrible barking sound coming from our trailer," said Marge Sullivan. "I looked at Paul and we immediately knew something was wrong." The Sullivan's opened the door to their trailer and found two dogs inside. "We were just appalled at the damage that those mangy dogs had done to our trailer. We couldn't figure out how those dogs got in there." The Sullivan's also noticed something else different about their trailer. "It had a Wisconsin license plate!" The Sullivan's immediately notified the local authorities of the incident.

The police put the two incidents together and determined that the Sullivan's had accidentally hitched up the wrong trailer. They had taken the Anderson's trailer along with their dogs. Both couples were relieved to have their own trailers back. "When we saw our trailer missing, all we could think about were our dogs," said Dorothy Anderson. The Andersons have two dogs, Rusty, a husky mix and Pom Pom, a rat terrier. Both couples belong to the Good Sam's Club and had been at the same campground for a get-together. "Most people think Good Sam's means Good Samaritan's Club, but we always say it means oh, good Sam's Club is nearby," said Dorothy Anderson.
Wal-Mart stores also issued a statement, "We welcome all travelers at our stores, even if they only come in to use the restroom".
George Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita