It's a small world! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 04:32 PM   #1

Name: Louise
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Registry
It's a small world!

I have to share this!!!!!!
I've had a lot of unusual occurrences happen in my lifetime and another one just took place last week.
I had camped for the night at Winding Hills Park campground, in Middleton, New York, which is approximately halfway between my seasonal campsite (I'm a snowbird from FL) in Watsontown, Pennsylvania and Otis, Massachusetts, where I was headed to visit with friends.
About 5:30 this one particular evening a molded fiberglass camper, looked to be a 19' Escape, pulled into the campground and passed by my campsite. The couple stopped and said hello and told me that they too had had a 13 foot Scamp and that it was their first camper back in 2005. I took a picture of their beautiful Escape..
Later that evening, as I was walking my pup, I was passing the Escape and saw the owner outside doing something so I stopped and said hello. I then asked if I could see the inside of their trailer. They (the wife was outside with us at this point) said "of course" and they showed me all the bells and whistles of their beautiful rig…
We then got to chatting......
Now this is where it gets interesting...we discussed where they were from and where I was from (Sebastian, FL)... Then, where we got our trailers from.. I told them I had traveled quite a distance to pick mine up, used, in Virginia… Well turns out it was very close to where they were from. We spoke about "things" that were unique and particular to my Scamp...etc, etc, etc...
So.....by now you've probably figured it out…..And….YES! .... My Scamp had been theirs, the first of their MFG campers!!! They said, after traveling cross country and then up to and back from Alaska, they decided they really liked traveling and had wanted something larger. They sold the Scamp to the couple I had bought it from.
They came by the next morning to say hello to the first mfg that they fell in love with…and to confirm it was the very same one that they had had. The cutting board the owner had polyurethaned was one of the deciding factors. They also took pictures to send to their friends along with this story...
YES.....it's a very small world!
fiddlesticksfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:14 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Good story Louise.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Totally cool story! Thanks for sharing
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:20 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Just to let you know how rare that experience can be...
I have rehabbed more than two dozen fiberglass trailers and sold them to folks around the country. We travel pretty extensively and attend fiberglass rallies on a regular basis. It has been more than 12 years since we sold the first of our trailers and we have never seen a single one after it was sold. Once I saw a Trillium which we delivered to the Boston area several years earlier but that was only on a Craigslist add posted by a subsequent owner.
Its a pretty big country to spread relatively few trailers around.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:24 PM   #5

Florida
Registry
I thought it was a one in a million occurrence too Floyd... As did Cas, the wife, who said she thought all night long about the probability, statistically, of this happening...and came up blank...
I consider myself lucky/blessed/priveledged.....

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-21-2015, 12:26 AM   #6

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Thanks, great story!
mbbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:55 AM   #7

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Thanks for sharing such a really cool story. It is a small world after all!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:14 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: fiddlesticksfl... Here's another one!!! In 2006 we went to a conservation area for a bbq. Went to the bath house and there on the bulletin board was a note about a Boler for sale. We weren't looking for one, but I took the note and called. Went to look at it, and after going in... I had to step out side of it.(Chills) My wife asked "What's the matter". I said "I've been in that trailer before. We did buy it and found out it was the same one we looked at new on the dealers lot in 1977.
It only took 29 years to get it... and I payed more for it than it sold for new!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #9

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: fiddlesticksfl... Here's another one!!! In 2006 we went to a conservation area for a bbq. Went to the bath house and there on the bulletin board was a note about a Boler for sale. We weren't looking for one, but I took the note and called. Went to look at it, and after going in... I had to step out side of it.(Chills) My wife asked "What's the matter". I said "I've been in that trailer before. We did buy it and found out it was the same one we looked at new on the dealers lot in 1977.
It only took 29 years to get it... and I payed more for it than it sold for new!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Welcome to the Twilight Zone Alf...😳

Old 08-21-2015, 09:15 PM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksfl View Post
Welcome to the Twilight Zone Alf...��

Alf just stepped into the 5th dimension!

I know of at least one Bigfoot 5th wheel that has changed hands five times here on FiberglassRV... between members! From Tennessee to Washington State and places inbetween. Wooowser.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp