Mean Mean Woman - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #21

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Wives have some very "interesting" ways to get us to do things. For example, Grace fractured a vertebra just to get me to cook and clean the toilet. How sneaky is that?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #22

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Secrets

So much of life is a secret, even within families. Unfortunately secrets discourage the spread of information. For most of us, life experience, unlike formulas and facts, seems to be more difficult to acquire other than by living it.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #23

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie r. View Post
wish i could buy u for what ur worth and sell u for what u think ur worth.
Good one. The voice of a real women.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #24

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Gibbens View Post
You guys are just using the wrong words. The Spanish mañana gives the right impression of not necessarily tomorrow, exactly, but sometime soon, OK?

But when working in Greece, I learnt their equivalent word (sadly now forgotten) which is even better: it means definitely not tomorrow, not even next week, but sometime, absolutely for sure, would I lie to you?
My DH has a word for that Greek word....it is I'm thinking of the Best Way to do it....Why he only thought about how to rebuild the kitchen for 10 years.....Ok all jokes aside I although he did plan and save for that long I now have a Very Beauthful Kitchen hand built and designed by my wonder husband
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #25

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
One woman's point of view... When younger I begrudged that my husband rarely said "I love you" or brought be flowers or gave me a mushy birthday/anniversary card. In time I realized that my DH shows his love for me through the projects he does ranging from acting as contractor for the remodeling of our home ( a 4 year project!), making beautiful furniture and cooking gourmet meals each night to fixing the toilet when it's backed up. It seems all he wants in return is appreciation for him and his good deeds (I'd say this is a pretty good deal for me). We are now going on 40 years of marriage plus a 4 year courtship. We love each other now in a more comfortable and accepting way than ever before. This is a good thing because we are now both retired and spend most of our time together, happily. I agree with Carol, read the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". A new book, while meant for female readers, can be useful for both genders; "Think Like a Man, Act Like a Woman" by Steve Harvey. Misunderstandings between men and women have gone on since the beginning of time providing a lifetime opportunity to learn and accommodate one another. Love and appreciate your life partner and remember, don't sweat the small stuff!
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #26

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Lest anyone get the wrong idea I'm just having some good natured fun at the expense of of my sweetie, Cheri. We have a great relationship. She tells me what to do and I do it, LOL.

Seriously if I read one of those books I might get some insight into solving those creatures known as women. That would be like flying to my destination instead of taking my camper. You'd miss all the adventures along the way!
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #27

Name: JoJo
Trailer: Former CT 13 Owner
Connecticut
In JAMAICA folks say, "Soon come." This means anything from a few minutes to maybe never.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #28

Registry
"In JAMAICA folks say, "Soon come." This means anything from a few minutes to maybe never."

My brother in law manages a software company whose products make city, county, state, and federal governments work. He and his team showed up in the islands prepared to train the civil service employees how to use the products. 8 am appts became 10:30 am free for all's. A very rude awakening to "island time". To top it off this same entity became the#1 problem child to their complaints dept. They didn't know how to make anything work! Hmmmmm wonder why?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #29

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
My hubby's redoing the kitchen. Usually, we are trying to sell a house before jobs get finished. Since we are not moving this time, it will be nice to have a finished kitchen to enjoy.

Of course, mean, mean woman that I am, I researched it and figured out how we could redo our ugly 80s cabinets into Shaker style with minimal cost and then got tennis elbow so bad, I can't help in any way except supervision.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #30

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Smile

I am so very sorry for you guy's, my wife dosen't have a list for me to do, and she has her own power tools and knows how to use them.
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #31

Registry
"my wife dosen't have a list for me to do, and she has her own power tools and knows how to use them."

You lucky lucky man.

Reminds me of a friend of mine. A number of years ago I had to pick him up for a softball game. I asked where his car was and he sheepishly told me that his wife had pulled the transmission out and was rebuilding it LMAO!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #32

Name: Drew
Trailer: 1987 Scamp 16ft, Layout 4
Minnesota
I have a plan to build a barn-door style gate into the wood privacy fence I built around our yard last year. This is to better allow us to simply back the Scamp into its carport spot and make spur of the moment trips that much easier.

Of course, my responsible wife wants me to take care of the YARD and get some grass growing in this tiny 10ft square patch that is stubbornly looking bare. She told me "work on the scamp more when the grass is growing".

We went out for a quick weekend at a mn state park. We weren't home more than 15min before she suggested I make the gate this next weekend so we can go Scamping at least once in November!

The grass will wait for spring. And then we'll have to go camping to keep the dogs off of it while it grows!
DrewSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #33

Registry
Hmmm, maybe I should let my gal go camping with me once in awhile so she see's how fun it is. I could leave a bunch of stuff really rough and she'll beg me to fix it, he he he. Great idea!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #34

Name: Mireille
Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Wives have some very "interesting" ways to get us to do things. For example, Grace fractured a vertebra just to get me to cook and clean the toilet. How sneaky is that?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #35

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewSK View Post
I have a plan to build a barn-door style gate into the wood privacy fence I built around our yard last year. This is to better allow us to simply back the Scamp into its carport spot and make spur of the moment trips that much easier.

Of course, my responsible wife wants me to take care of the YARD and get some grass growing in this tiny 10ft square patch that is stubbornly looking bare. She told me "work on the scamp more when the grass is growing".

We went out for a quick weekend at a mn state park. We weren't home more than 15min before she suggested I make the gate this next weekend so we can go Scamping at least once in November!

The grass will wait for spring. And then we'll have to go camping to keep the dogs off of it while it grows!
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.( trust me, I think she planed it that way.Don't tell my DH,but that is my way of getting in extra camping))
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #36

Registry
The end of the first part of the tile job is in sight. I'm feeling soooo lucky that she is letting me do this in stages. Stage 1 will be living room, dining room, and entry. Stage 2 will be the hall and stage three will be the master bedroom, walk-in closet, master bath, etc. Now I'm looking forward to getting the camper started, yeah!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #37

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
What about when they give you "The LOOK" <shudder> I will do ANYTHING to avoid "The LOOK" lol
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #38

Registry
And "The LOOK" while they are cutting up food with a big knife is even worse!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #39

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
That is what I was going to say.
Things didn't seem that serious because you never mentioned getting "The Look", which according to Seinfeld is the ultimate in communication.

And to whoever is having the problem with the grass. A 10x10 area takes 4-5 rolls of sod and an hour or two. If it is too late in your area, it will have to wait till spring. Alternatively a bag of seed spread now with a bag or two of topsoil will get you sprouts in the spring. It will take you longer to buy it than to do it. The problem is you have to keep the dogs off of it. That's her job ;-)
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote