Need a new tow vehicle? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / Infiniti SUV
A fifteen year-old boy came home with a new Chevrolet Avalanche and his parents began to yell and scream, "Where did you get that truck???!!!" He calmly told them, "I bought it today."
"With what money?" demanded his parents. They knew what a Chevrolet Avalanche costs.
"Well," said the boy, "this one cost me fifteen dollars." So the parents began to yell even louder. "Who would sell a truck like that for fifteen dollars?" they said.
"It was the lady up the street," said the boy. I don't know her name-they just moved in. She saw me ride past on my bike and asked me if I wanted to buy a Chevrolet Avalanche for fifteen dollars."
"Oh my Goodness!," moaned the mother, "she must be a child abuser. Who knows what she will do next? John, you go right up there and see what's going on." So the boy's father walked up the street to the house where the lady lived and found her out in the yard calmly planting petunias! He introduced himself as the father of the boy to whom she had sold a new Chevrolet Avalanche for fifteen dollars and demanded to know why she did it.

"Well," she said, "this morning I got a phone call from my husband. I thought he was on a coffee break, but learned from a friend he had run off to Hawaii with his mistress and really doesn't intend to come back. He claimed he was stranded and asked me to sell his new Chevrolet Avalanche and send him the money. So I did."
George Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Old 10-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Hi: Would the licence plate on the pickup be "WAS HIS"??? Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Whoa! Deju me, too!

True story: my soon-to-be-husband took a job half a country away, said, "Sell the Oldsmobile Delta 88, then join me in BC." He bought the '72 in '86 for $400, drove it for about a year, then put on new tires.

I called up the local salvage shop and said, "Yeah, my boyfriend moved to BC, I'd like to sell his car?" Without missing a beat, they offered me $200 cash, no questions asked.

It's been about 20 years now, and he's really hardly annoyed at all anymore....

PS They don't make seven-foot wide bench seats anymore, do they? Ah, well.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote