Old Indian Fishing Curse - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2007, 05:03 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
I am 1/4 Cree, on my mothers side so I know all about such things.
Well while camping t his past week I met this nice couple with a couple of kids and the eldest boy, 12 and his dad were into fishing so I would meet them every once in a while down at this dam where the fish would be breaking water all day long.
This one evening. I found myself fishing on a small strip of land with the boy while the father was on the other side of the river and the boy had the right side and I on the left of this small place when I stated to get action on the bobber. I realed in and imediatly the boy took my spot. HMMMM.
I told him that that was very impolite and one should never take another fishermans spot and he just laughed and I asked his dad if he was always so inconsiderate and he said yes when it came to fishing so I said .
I curse your fishing and sort of laughed about it along with him but trying to keep a staight face I ment it.
Well again with me now on the right side I got ACTION.
Again the same thing. So I moved over and I imediatly started to catch fish where he was just fishing and then he got one and sort of grinned at me as if to say "Some good your curse did".
He landed the 12inch rainbow, and lifted it to the top of the dam where he took it off the hook, The fish flopped about and then down on the ground and I look over and he is on his belly trying to catch this fish and AH Ha.. it goes back into the water.
He has a tear in his eye as he is holloring "PA-PA, PA-PA, I had one, I had one but it got away..".
I just grin and he looks at me, no longer grinning himself, and wondering,
I on the other hand catch my limit of 5 rainbow in about 20 minutes and he, although alot of Action on his bobber never caught another fish.
Later that night I went over to his camp and told him how to break the curse.
Told him to cut his finger-nails, take the clippings and tie them into a bundle with a few strands of his own hair and burn them in the fire,
This is a general curse breaker and will cure just about ailment a person has and again he laughs then I warn him he may not catch another fish untill the curse wares off and that may toke years.
He was not laughing but just stareing into the flames of the fire thinking of years of fishing without catching another fish and I wonder if he wasn't tieing bundles of finger-nail clippings later that night.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #2

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Good story, Gerry!
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
Later that night I went over to his camp and told him how to break the curse.
Told him to cut his finger-nails, take the clippings and tie them into a bundle with a few strands of his own hair and burn them in the fire,
This is a general curse breaker and will cure just about ailment a person has...

Fingernail clippings; check.
Strands of hair long enuf to tie into a bundle?

<I'm doomed!>