Tack for Sale - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #15

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
To get a true evaluation of this item, I ventured forth to the local experts. At the dollar store I found multi packages of many-coloured push-pins in groupings of 100 for just a bit over .99. Therefore I find that even at todays inflated prices your $.32 seems to be just a mite stiff for my lowly pension. The point therefore, is... I am truly sorry but I'll have to let this item go to someone else.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
I am truly sorry but I'll have to let this item go to someone else.
Oh, but look at all the stories this tack could tell... everything it's seen and all the calendars it has hung. I see a movie/book deal in the making. It needs a ghost writer. Anyone speak tackily?

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #17

Name: Brandy
tack or pushpin? there seems to be a slight desrepancy so I would need further clarification befor I make my decision. Does it look more like photo A or the fingernail ripping B. And blue while nice does not really tell me the shade. Is it blue-blue, green- blue, or more periwinkle. Two dollars does seem a little steep at this time so if its like photo A and more on the blue-blue side of blue alll I could be willing to offer is 1.50, but I can assure you it will be in a loving , stable, smoke free home. I do have a cat and am certain the cat will find no intrest in your tack or pushpin.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #18

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I had a few questions about the tack's condition, so I queried the seller. Here's what I've found:

Me: "That sounds like a really sharp tack. Can you tell me a little bit more about the condition, and perhaps send some photos? I'm willing to drive a good distance for the right tack, but with the price of gas, I'd just like to get a look first."

Seller: "Well, the tack really just needs a good clean-up. The tip is bent, the shaft is damaged, and the top is broken, but it's nothing that couldn't be cleaned up in five minutes. I'm sorry, I don't have any photos. I'll take some and post them next week. Oh, and I don't have the title for the tack. I sent in for it but then thought I'd advertise the tack before it came back, and before I had photos ready. It's a great tack and you really couldn't go wrong with it. I just wish I didn't already own 12 other tacks."

Raya
Old 02-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #19

Name: Daniel
Trailer: '74 Trillium 1300
-
Kurt, would you consider a trade? I've got a nice piece of fuzzy pocket lint that you might be interested in. It is very mysterious in nature, and may actually contain small bits of paper money. Strangely, some see it as dirty while in fact it does go through weekly washing and drying. It smells great and is very lovable, too, as you know, most people never seem to be able to part with theirs. It even makes a great companion during a boring meeting, and will gladly join with more lint for increased enjoyment. It will look after your pocket change and best of all, it actually knows where all the lost socks go.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #20

Ontario
My pension adjustment [COLA] has just been announced for the forthcomming year and I now feel that I may be able to handle the exorbitant cost of this rare item after all. I do however have two pertinant questions. The first is as to the size. Is this a one callendar TACK or a more robust model capable of handling a whole sheath of centerfolds? The second I would direct to the person who POINTEDLY projected the price well up over four times the original asking price. Can we not PIN the price at a maximum amount? As to trading for the afore mentioned "lint". I don't see how it has any intrinsic value. I have checked the lint that I have on hand available here and might POINT out that it really doesn't hold water. "So to speak".
Perhaps for shipping purposes and to fully protect it, it should be encased in several layers of bubble wrap and further protected by a section of sono tube.

BTW, I might add, for your personal information that, Wiarton Willie and Puxatawnie Phil, yesterday, forcast another six weeks of winter.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #21

Name: Brandy
Hummmmm I could see be picky over style or color, but size??? Its not how big the tack is, its how you use it! *snort*

Quote:
My pension adjustment [COLA] has just been announced for the forthcomming year and I now feel that I may be able to handle the exorbitant cost of this rare item after all. I do however have two pertinant questions. The first is as to the size. Is this a one callendar TACK or a more robust model capable of handling a whole sheath of centerfolds? The second I would direct to the person who POINTEDLY projected the price well up over four times the original asking price. Can we not PIN the price at a maximum amount? As to trading for the afore mentioned "lint". I don't see how it has any intrinsic value. I have checked the lint that I have on hand available here and might POINT out that it really doesn't hold water. "So to speak".
Perhaps for shipping purposes and to fully protect it, it should be encased in several layers of bubble wrap and further protected by a section of sono tube.

BTW, I might add, for your personal information that, Wiarton Willie and Puxatawnie Phil, yesterday, forcast another six weeks of winter.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #22

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
I would really suggest that you consider trading said tack rather than selling it. As many Canadians may remember one young man was able to trade his red paper clip up to the point of trading for a house in a small town in Saskatchewan

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/07/07/...clip-house.html
Old 02-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #23

Trailer: 1970 Boler
sorry, no trades excepted...I need the cash pronto.

Here is a video clip of said tack:

Old 02-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #24

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Kurt... At .32 cents I wouldn't pin your hopes on a sale any time soon !!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 02-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #25

Ontario
No, no! I do watch TV and there is an add that distinctly says the a "Size Matters".
Kurt
Your video is very informative. I have taken note that you also have other colours that may be available. Also that you have a duplicate tack in the blue colour. Do you not feel that this extra quantity dilutes the value?

"What about us?"
How about revising the video using a Mac Davis song where he states "It's All About ME".? OR that great oldie "I'm Mister Blue"
Old 02-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #26

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Kurt,
I'm fascinated by this tack.
Its history, obvious quality, and especially its uniqueness.
Do you accept PayPal?
Marian
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #27

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
oh enough with this idiocy.

Just Tack it and Shove it.....

hmmmmm.... or is that

Shove it and Tack it......

Tack it like a Man....

Old 02-11-2009, 06:59 AM   #28

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Now just hold on a minute here, Kurt. I confess that I may be the ORIGINAL skeptic, but... that blue blob in the first part of the video could have been anything... it could have even been a UFO. The video is out of focus and grainy. It's difficult to tell scale when there's so little in the frame for reference. How do we know it's REALLY a push-pin?

About the pedigree of the push-pin... obviously you're tying to hype the pin to increase it's value... and it may, if the history is accurate, be valuable as an artifact dating to 1992. However, lacking evidence of carbon-dating or other documented history, how can I be sure that THIS push-pin is the genuine article, and not a cleverly disguised modern fake?

Merely that you claim it to be a push-pin, and that this alleged push-pin is in fact the push-pin you claim it to be doesn't make it so.

I want to see some authentication from some leading experts in the field of push-pin archeology. I'd advise all of you (except, of course, that nice fellow from Nigeria) to steer clear of throwing money at this transaction until it can be thoroughly studied.

Roger