The bed's not made... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-31-2015, 01:52 PM   #15

Name: sharon
Trailer: Scamp
Virginia
Floyd, love your idea, do you throw the whole thing in the washer? or take it to a laundry mat?

Old 12-31-2015, 02:17 PM   #16

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_b View Post
Floyd, love your idea, do you throw the whole thing in the washer? or take it to a laundry mat?
The fitted sheet is removable for washing between trips.
We plan to make another cover, like a big pillow case made from flat sheets sewn together. We'll see if it works equally well.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:14 PM   #17

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Sands... I find the easiest way to make the queen sized bed is if my wife does it!!! She is a Yoga student and some of the moves are perfect training.
Watching can be invigorating to say the least.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030666.jpg  
Old 12-31-2015, 06:18 PM   #18

Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16
Georgia
Registry
Sands --

The simple fix for your problem is just get back in the bed, and forget making it. After all, you're camping, and it's not too early to start your afternoon nap.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:31 PM   #19

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Sands, yes, we are familiar with all of that! After a while, I realized that I could have him do it!

We have two flat sheets that are bigger than the bed size (that can fit a bigger bed at home) so plenty of room to get them in at the top well and still have something at the bottom.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:39 PM   #20

Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro 1983 13'
Wisconsin
I use a full size flat sheet. I have a 3" memory foam cut to fit and it is pretty easy to get the sheet tucked in. Then put my pillows down then a fleece blanket and finish off with the comforter. May not make the cover of Southern Living but works for me! I also leave the bed made up and ready to go.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:17 PM   #21

Name: Denise
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I'm wiping tears from my laughing hysterically eyes as I read the description of bed making in your Scamp. I have tried every technique mentioned and a new one before my latest trip to the Matagorda Madness rally earlier this month.
I have a 17' Casita with an 8" Spa Sensations gel foam mattress. (1) I start with the head and put on the mattress cover and sheet, all while standing on the bench under the somewhat rolled up mattress. (2) Do a belly-flop onto the rolled up mattress and slide off onto the floor allowing it to fall/fly back into place. (3) Repeat step 1 on the foot end while also adding a top sheet and blanket to the mix. Don't forget to maneuver enough during the belly-flop portion to pull the sides around the mattress so they will be somewhat tucked after you slide off again and the mattress falls/flies back into place. (4) Now put a comforter over all of the rumpled lumpy mess you just made so no one sees it. Fold the sides of said comforter up onto itself so no more tucking is necessary.

Mission accomplished! After your breathing and heart rate have returned to normal and the sweat is wiped from your exhausted brow, go in the house and fix yourself a nice big drink for a job well (?????) done.

BTW I forgot to mention I have a sheet of one inch finished pine board under my mattress, fit wall to wall to reinforce the thin dinette table foundation. It allows for all of the standing, rolling and flopping required for this method!
Old 12-31-2015, 10:59 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Simple! On the HC1 I just open the back door ,tuck in sheets, done. No arm stretching, backbreaking yoga or having to get the wife to do it I can even do it myself. By the way it just turned midnight here happier new year everyone
Old 01-01-2016, 10:36 AM   #23

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Why worry? Everyone knows the fairies come out and dance on the bed as soon as you close the door. The ones you pick up along the highway are the worst!

Just in case there is a seed of serious inquiry in this lighthearted thread (are we noticing where it's posted?)... I'd use a custom fitted bottom sheet underneath and a comforter with a washable cover on top- no top sheet, no blankets. Then all you have to do is arrange the comforter loosely on top, ready for your afternoon nap. My wife introduced me to the delights of ditching the top sheet many years ago.

Do you tuck in your shirt, too?
Old 01-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #24

Name: Sands
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16'
Arizona
Lots of good answers! I like the idea of the bed that makes itself; simply take loose the compression strap and viola! If we were changing back and forth between table and bed that would be a good way to go. We are leaving our bed/table in the bed position all the time. I like the idea of taking frequent naps, so one has an excuse for not making the bed. That's a good one. I had not thought of reinforcing the foundation to help stand up to the vigorous techniques needed to accomplish the task, but now (thanks Denise!) I'm worried about Breaking Bed. The various sleeping bag solutions also hold promise. But, for me, I think Alf has the best answer: let the wife do it! Not only do I care less about whether the bed is made or not, my wife is much more limber than I and, as Alf pointed out, there are side benefits to the show. I'll use the "Hey, I don't always tuck in my shirt either" excuse with her and see how it works.

Thanks for all your replies, nice to know I'm not alone in the search for smoother bedding's. Sorry it took a while for me to get back, but right now we are camped in Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge in south-central AZ. We are getting spotty cell service. Beautiful otherwise!

Happy New Year everyone!!
Old 01-01-2016, 02:39 PM   #25

Name: JC
Georgia
hey carleene,
I noticed that I'm no longer a Jr. Member either… how'd we do that?… I kinda miss my adjective BTW…
Old 01-01-2016, 02:42 PM   #26

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
The bed's not made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnabout View Post
hey carleene,

I noticed that I'm no longer a Jr. Member either… how'd we do that?… I kinda miss my adjective BTW…
Not to worry. You'll get an adjective back soon enough. How does "senior" suit?
Old 01-01-2016, 02:44 PM   #27

Name: JC
Georgia
I'm not sure if i want an adjective…
Old 01-01-2016, 09:21 PM   #28

Name: Norma J
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Michigan
Bed making

I believe I have done every one of those techniques...sure am glad I'm not on camera while in the process...we now just tuck where we can reach and let the pretty "Scamp" quilt I made cover all the under pinings