13-17' trailer wanted NorCal, Napa. - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #1

Name: andrew
Trailer: in the market
California
13-17' trailer wanted NorCal, Napa.

I am new to the trailer ownership world, but I have stayed in plenty.

I have a side-yard where it will reside and be a guest quarters for most of the year. I do not plan on towing her more than 2-3 times a year.

I am handy so I am happy to have some cosmetic and light fix-up projects inherited with the camper. However, I am looking for a trailer with the key "bones" in place. i.e. good working: frame, electric, plumbing, and seals in good order.

Ideally I can talk the seller in to delivering the trailer to Napa Valley, and offering them one last weekend with their trailer in wine country.

I am also particularly interested in rounded corner molded styles. I definitely want a trailer under 19', but what the actual size is, I am open to seeing what opportunities come.

Styles of interest:
Argosy
Scampi
Boler
Uhaul
Eggcamper
etc.

Cash sale. Wine can be included in the deal. Target budget $3k-7K, depending on trailer and condition etc.

I am a designer and inherently a control freak. So if you are concerned about the home your baby will end-up in. I will provide a very caring and happy future for your trailer.

Private messages welcomed.

-thx
drew

Old 04-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Why don't you tell us what you plan to eventually tow with, that will help sort out some of the sugestions.

It also helps to mention a budget...

Old 04-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #3

Name: andrew
Trailer: in the market
California
Thanks Bob!

RE: Towing Vehicle.

I own a Honda Hybrid (prius like), so I figure I may have to look for a used Toyota 4runner or such.

Budget:
Targeted at $3k for a fixer upper. $7k on the upper-end. All dependent on the trailer and situation proposed.

Thanks for your help here!

cheers!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
An oft discussed topic hereabouts is towing capacity. All to often towing capacities are less than the rig to be towed.

In CA you might find you budget right on the thin edge. Fixers at $3000 are usually real fixers and need more than cosmetic work. The higher end should get you something in the 13-16 foot size in decent condition.

If you haven't noticed, the smaller Arstream/Argosy trailers are hot, hot, hot and bring a dear price.

Right now prices have already started on their upwards trend and will continue to do so until late July/August. The best time to buy is in the winter, to sell is in the late spring.

Soooo, I suggest that you pour over all of the CraigsList posts in NorCal as well as fiberglass-rvs-4sale.com and Findanyrv.com on a twice a day basis.

We bought a trailer in Livermore early last year and the seller had 10 firm back-up offers within the first two days.

In short, you will have to act quickly if you find what you are looking for, there are many others on the same search, even as we speak.

Good Luck