13 foot gently used FG RV wanted...really bad! - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #1

Name: Terri
Trailer: 16' Casita
New Mexico
13 foot gently used FG RV wanted...really bad!

We are looking for a gently used but well loved 13 foot FG RV (any brand) with or without a bathroom that we can pick up in about a day or less drive from our place in west central NM.
My husband and I live in New Mexico but travel at least once a year to both Oregon and Arkansas to visit our kids and soon to be 7 grandkids! We decided that since making these treks are our reality for many years to come we would like to have some fun and not spend another dime in motels and tasteless restaurants! The best way we know to not do that is to camp along the way and see some of the great places we are missing by sticking to interstate highways and staying in cheap motels!!
We are mindful of the need to conserve fuel as much as possible and want to use our little truck or car to pull one of the awesome little 13 ft fiberglass trailers we have been reading about and seeing. Our budget is limited to around +/- $3000. Any leads from group would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Terri

Old 09-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Have you seen the 13 that member Greg G has posted for sale, here and on Albuq. Craigslist, for $3600? Considering all he has put into it the price sounds quite reasonable to me.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #3

New Mexico
Yes!! I am talking to Greg but someone was supposed to go look at it today...if that falls through (crossing fingers but I am not holding my breathl) we are going to see it on Friday!!
You are right...sounds like a really good deal. Thanks for your reply
Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #4

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Terri, good luck on the hunt, they are out there! Make sure to check your tow vehicle's towing capacity. Most cars cannot tow even our little fg campers. But the truck will likely be able to.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #5

New Mexico
Thanks Pam...probably will always use the little truck we have but we will check that out!
BTW, the 13 foot Scamp in Las Cruces is now sold... but we will keep looking!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #6

Name: jim
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Terri, send me a PM & I'll give you my magic jack #. When you go thru Oregon give me a call first if you haven't found an egg. This summer I did get an 81 Burro but my wife is quite ill & we're off to Az for better medical care next month. All my toys are(project & otherwise)in limbo while we deal with this. Hate to see it just sit there for years & years.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #7

New Mexico
Smile Changing our search options

We have decided that bigger may be better for our needs and have decided to go for a 16-17 footer in order to have a bathroom and possibly room to have a grand kid overnight on some of our travels. I will keep up the search because there is something out there for us...just waiting!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #8

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
There is a 1997 16' Scamp Delux in Tucson thats at a pretty good price for its age. You dont see ones with its layout to often - bath and front dinette!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #9

New Mexico
Smile 16' Casita bought yesterday!

We are now the happy owners of a 1989 Casita!! Got just what we wanted and couldn't be more pleased!!!