13 foot or 16 foot scamp wanted without a bathroom. - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-10-2016, 04:24 PM   #1

Name: Jeanne
Trailer: Desire a Scamp 13' Trailer
Washington
Smile 13 foot or 16 foot scamp wanted without a bathroom.

13 foot or 16 foot scamp wanted without a bathroom.

Features desired:
A furnace heater & three-way fridge,
Vinyl floor, screen door and an awning would be a plus but those three are not mandatory of course.

It has been decided that the trailer should be the lighter the better. That's why these Scamps seem to fit that need. The challenge seems to be by the time one gets a hold of the seller it is already sold.

Traveling a distance would be possible.

I have put forth much time and been very diligent in my search this past while. I was excited to be exposed to Search Tempest that showed all the craigslist ads all over. However 99% of the time I click on seeing details and the author has already deleted the ad. So I had a wonderful idea if any of you out there would be so kind to check your local craigslist and zip me a private message with the link to that ad.

Thank you so much for any that would be so kind to put forth that effort. My deep appreciation could not be expressed fully. So Sincerely.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:08 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Registry
The website Search Tempest will let you set up you own custom Craigslist search with whatever search radius you want.

There is a 2007 16' Scamp without a bath (layout 3) currently listed here and on fiberglass-RV-4sale.com.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:58 AM   #3

Washington
Thanks so much my friend. Could you tell me what city that is listed? I realize you can set up that radius but every single one that I open has already been sold I can honestly say every single one so I have found it to be a waste of time because of that. If you could rush me the link of what you saw and which city craigslist it's from I would be so thankful. And if you can't email right now I would appreciate a call because it's kind of time sensitive for a friend who is going to need it for a trip really soon. 509-675-5554
Old 10-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #4

Arizona
Registry
This is the listing. It was still up on Detroit Craigslist as of the time of posting:
Scamp camper 2007.

It is not my trailer, so I have no knowledge of the seller or its condition. I just happened to remember seeing it and it meets most of your friend's requirements. It has carpet, not vinyl, and lacks a furnace. Given the price and the fact that most 16' buyers want a bathroom means it will likely sell a little slower.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #5

Washington
Thank you so much for your kindness in taking the time to reply and help me on behalf of my friend.I was hoping you could advise me where I would pose this question on the form to get the most Casita feedback?
Can anyone tell me if you have had first-hand experience pulling a 17 foot Casita freedom deluxe with a 2000 Toyota Tacoma? My biggest concern is the steep and dangerous hill that my friend has for an access road and all the passes to climb? Thank you in advance for any helpful feedback.

I also would like to know a method of changing my username?
Old 10-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #6

Arizona
Registry
I would pose your Casita question in the towing & hitching section. You will need to supply more information about the truck- trim and drivetrain, sometimes the cab type matters as well.

Contact a moderator regarding changing your username. You can use the "Contact Us" link all the way at the very bottom of the page in small font.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:03 PM   #7

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit 17
British Columbia
Jeanne, when you use search tempest and have put in what you are looking for, on the next screen top right you will see show # of days. If you put in one or two it only shows the most recent listings and that will greatly reduce the number of already sold listings that come up.
Good luck.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #8

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Jeanne, when you use search tempest and have put in what you are looking for, on the next screen top right you will see show # of days. If you put in one or two it only shows the most recent listings and that will greatly reduce the number of already sold listings that come up.
Good luck.
Thank you so very much! I appreciate that tip a whole whole whole bunch! :-)I just knew there must be some coaching I could receive to help it be worthwhile looking at that search showing many craigslist ads because it was way to time-consuming plus frustrating to keep opening and see that it's been deleted by the author.:-(
:-) I deeply appreciate you taking the time to help me! I will holler if I have any problems doing as you suggested. I'm just so hopeful to be able to find a little 13 foot scamp with A furnace and three-way fridge and no bathroom in the next few days!:-)
Old 10-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #9

Name: Gary
Trailer: casita
Oregon
My trailer is a 1986 Casita , When loaded it is about 1800 LBS . Plus i load a 17 ft. Canoe and a bicycle on my truck My tow vehicle is a 1993 Nissan Frontier 2.4 engine , 5 speed Trans. I do Camp hosting for the U.S.F.S. in Wyoming . I have pulled my 16ft. Casita over most of the Mountain passes in Montana , and Wyoming . I don't get in a hurry , so speed is no object . I think my little Nissan Frontier does a great job . I'm sure your Toyota would do a great to . Sorry i can't comment on your friends driveway
Hope you get on the road soon
Gary Callahan
Old 10-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #10

Washington
Smile

I wish I could find your address quicker than I did this morning my friend. And I hope things are going in the private section of Messages?If they are could you send me an email so I could respond to you privately about some of the questions I have sometimes?����
Some very dear camper friends sent some chips when I asked them how they cleaned and waxed they're older Casita. I would like to know is the same information for sure applies to scamps and what your opinion is? On his first trip to Spokane my friend had a hard time finding the wax they spoke of but he will continue to try. But I just thought I'd look on the forum or other conversations to learn from and all the opinions kind of give me a headache. So I was wondering what your first choices were also? I totally trust the information given from these dear friends who have a darling well cared for Casita I know that is spelled wrong but it is so frustrating that it will not let me a race that word and spell it correctly? When I push the letters nothing happened but when I do my talk to text it types just fine. Any suggestions on that would be great. I just found a remedy of pushing edit. I will paste their suggestion were cleaning and waxing below and anxiously await your response of what you like to use also. But I'm sure these folks are a wonderful resource because their trailer is so delightful an well cared for🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻😊😊😊😊😊🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Response to question about cleaning and waxing 1997 darling Scamp 13 Yikes my copy and paste directions from my email did not come through right and now I don't want to go back to my mail as I will lose this message so I will send it in a response to this my dear. And please let me know if these are private messages?
Old 10-19-2016, 09:33 AM   #11

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp
Vermont
13 foot Scamp

We are selling out 2010 Scamp. It is without a bathroom. However, it has an ice box instead of a refrigerator. Are you interested?
Old 10-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #12

Washington
Scamp 13 for sale

Can you please email me with pictures of the particulars for your scamp inside and out? Thanks so much
Old 10-19-2016, 10:02 AM   #13

Washington
Please send pictures of the inside of the outside and tell me where it is to my regular email? Thanks so much
Old 10-22-2016, 06:53 AM   #14

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp
Vermont
photos of Scamp

If you click on "john c. morris and go to my public profile, you will see on the right hand side of the page an "album" of photos. Click on it to see six photos of our Scamp. We live in Vermont.

Tags
scamp