13 Foot w/ Bunks! For a Family! - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-29-2016, 12:08 PM   #1

Name: Nichole
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Arkansas
13 Foot w/ Bunks! For a Family!

Greetings all. I am shopping for a 13 foot trailer, with bunk beds.

Preferably in the South; but am willing to travel.

Your trailer will go to a wonderful home; a homeschooling, adventuring family with kids.

Please message me here; thank you!

Old 02-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #2

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Many of the 13 footers had the ability to position bunks across the front. Look at the floor plans for the Burro, Casita, Scamp, etc. It would be pretty easy to retro-fit bunks into any of these (assuming your kids aren't aspiring pro football or basketball players.)

Froggie

Old 02-29-2016, 08:41 PM   #3

Arkansas
Thank you Froggie! I have been mostly looking for Scamps; I think I'll broaden my search now. I'm sure bunks, as you said, would be easy to modify or add in.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:28 AM   #4

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Another good choice if you can find one is a Casita Patriot Standard but they did stop making that model 2-3 years ago.
And if you are willing to go slightly longer, the 15' Pathfinder with double bunk option is a great trailer.

Walt
Old 03-01-2016, 10:15 AM   #5

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Depending on the size of the kids, I would build a frame out of PVC pipe with a plywood deck to hold the upper mattress and make a mattress with notches to fit inside the legs for the bottom bed. It wouldn't take much to secure the framework to the front bench seat, and I'd be good to go. Burro had a Rube Goldberg device where they had two aluminum tube legs under a plywood shelf that then set on the ledge under the front window... kinda spindly IMHO. I wouldn't want anyone over about 35-40 pounds on that "upper bunk."

Froggie
Old 03-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #6

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Escape also offered a removable upper bunk for their trailers with a front dinette as well (table dropped down for a lower sleeping space) Pretty sure the 17''s offered it.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:57 PM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: Park Liner
North Carolina
Bunks

Wow great idea to hit the road as a family while homeschooling. We have a Park Liner that is made in North Carolina that already has bunks as part of a package. The trailer is great with lots of cabinet space and a large table for up to 6 people when not doubling as a queen size bed. Park Liner had some early difficulties but the designer and original manufacturer recently sold part interest in the venture and are retooling in the Greensboro NC area. The trailer is a 15' but it is worth it having 2 extra feet.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #8

Arkansas
Great information; thank you all so very much! This forum has been the absolute best resource for me. Happy (fiberglass) camping all!
Old 03-05-2016, 02:47 AM   #9

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
Check out the 18 ft. Burro for sale on here. Goucho in front may be bunks. Might even be a bed next to the door across from the kitchen. Cant tell. It is a wide-body, tho so good for a fam.