13' Scamp/Boler/Outback/Burro wanted in Calgary - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #1

Name: Richard
Trailer: 2009 Scamp 13'
Alberta
Hi. I'm in the market for a NEWER model 13' trailer. I've looked at a lot of specs for the Scamp, Trillium Outback, Burro, and Boler (I think the Bolers were older models), and these manufacturers appear to make a trailer that suits a tall couple; the Scamp looks especially good in this way. I'm not interested in a shower/toilet configuration, and don't need to sleep more than two. I AM interested in smart design, reliable operation, and cleanliness. Before I decide to order exactly the new trailer I want, I'll post to this site to learn if anyone around Alberta or nearby has a "slightly used" trailer that might be a better way to go than ordering new -- better for BOTH me and the seller!
Please give me a shout if you have a newer model 13' trailer for sale. Thanks Richard

Old 07-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #2

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Quote:
Hi. I'm in the market for a NEWER model 13' trailer. I've looked at a lot of specs for the Scamp, Trillium Outback, Burro, and Boler (I think the Bolers were older models), and these manufacturers appear to make a trailer that suits a tall couple; the Scamp looks especially good in this way. I'm not interested in a shower/toilet configuration, and don't need to sleep more than two. I AM interested in smart design, reliable operation, and cleanliness. Before I decide to order exactly the new trailer I want, I'll post to this site to learn if anyone around Alberta or nearby has a "slightly used" trailer that might be a better way to go than ordering new -- better for BOTH me and the seller!
Please give me a shout if you have a newer model 13' trailer for sale. Thanks Richard
I have a 17ft Escape unit. Check it out on the Escape trailer site. I live in Grande Cache Alberta.
http://www.escapetrailer.com/

Old 07-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #3

Alberta
Quote:
I have a 17ft Escape unit. Check it out on the Escape trailer site. I live in Grande Cache Alberta.
http://www.escapetrailer.com/

Thanks, Chester. But I'm looking for a 13 footer -- 14' max. I appreciate the response. Richard
Old 07-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Richard,

If you want a TALL 13' trailer then your only option is an Outback / New Trillium / Old Trillium. Everything else I tried seem short inside (6'2) and I can stand in my 1976 Trillium in my bare feet - though just barely.

I have only seen 2 used Outbacks (Team Trillium Calgary) for sale this year though a distributor here on Vancouver Island had a few from Trillium California. One was a 2005 for $8500 USD that was in Seattle and a 2002 here in Courtenay for $10,500.

It's surprising how much these trailers deprecated in the first few years as the selling price is between $16-18k new. I guess they will drop to a point and then hold their value like the 70's models. I am currently seeing good condition 70's Trilliums in the 5k range locally.

Good luck on your trailer search!
Booker
Old 07-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Whoops, and don't forget the Trillium 4500's if you don't mind an older trailer. They are 15' long and don't weigh much more then the 13' footers - the advantage is a wider double bed =)
Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #6

Alberta
Quote:
Hi Richard,

If you want a TALL 13' trailer then your only option is an Outback / New Trillium / Old Trillium. Everything else I tried seem short inside (6'2) and I can stand in my 1976 Trillium in my bare feet - though just barely.

I have only seen 2 used Outbacks (Team Trillium Calgary) for sale this year though a distributor here on Vancouver Island had a few from Trillium California. One was a 2005 for $8500 USD that was in Seattle and a 2002 here in Courtenay for $10,500.

It's surprising how much these trailers deprecated in the first few years as the selling price is between $16-18k new. I guess they will drop to a point and then hold their value like the 70's models. I am currently seeing good condition 70's Trilliums in the 5k range locally.

Good luck on your trailer search!
Booker
Old 07-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #7

Alberta
Thanks for this. I'm going to check out a Trillium Outback next week. The specs for the new Outback are 6'3" for both interior height and interior width. Specs for the Scamp give 6'3" for the interior height and 6'6" for the interior width. These are at least workable for me at 6'4" (especially the wider width of 6'6" allowing a longer bed!). Some otherwise attractive trailers are just not built for 6+ footers! I'm still waiting to get interior specs for the Burro, which is also a nice looking model.
Bottom line: You have to get inside a trailer to see how it fits, but the specs should be able to help me do some initial filtering out. I appreciate your help. Richard

Tags
boler, burro, scamp