13' SCAMP TO BUY - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-06-2016, 12:32 PM   #1

Name: Jerry
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Colorado
13' SCAMP TO BUY

I am looking to buy 13' Scamp Trailer in Colorado. Best place to buy for me.
Thank you for info.
Colorado Jerry

Old 07-06-2016, 12:47 PM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 13
None
Act Fast

Scamps, Casitas, virtually all molded fiberglass trailers generally sell VERY quickly if they are even close to fairly priced.

You need to check the various websites, including this one, for announcements of trailers for sale, then be ready to act quickly. Also, be ready to travel a considerable distance, especially if you are in a hurry. Do not wait until you find your trailer to figure out how you will finance it, plenty of folks will also be interested in it, with cash in hand.

The prices will also be higher than you think, compared to a new unit - this is good, once you have a trailer, as they do not depreciate very quickly, but it is a shock to many new shoppers. One obvious reason for this is the longevity of molded fiberglass trailers if they are reasonable maintained, and a second reason is that every current manufacturer builds to order, often with a 3, 6, 9 month lead time from placing the order to receiving the trailer. If you need/want one sooner, you must buy used.

All this being said, you must use caution when you find one on Craigslist or ebay. Because they are in demand, and demand a very decent price, they are the subject of quite a few scam artists. If the deal seems too good to be true, or the trailer is across the country from you, use a great deal of caution. Post the listing you find here on this forum and several experienced folks here will give you their opinion and suggest how to proceed with caution. You must keep in mind, though, that if it is a legitamate listing, speed is also required - catch 22.

Good luck, and Welcome.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #3

Colorado
13' Scamp to buy

LyleB
Thank you for good advise. Jerry from Colorado
Old 07-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #4

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
You also need to become famliar with fiberglass RVs 4 sale. That's a really good site. Learn the menu system on the top of page. Search the list by country (US or Can) and by brand.

When folks first begin their search, they have no idea about this site nor the site I recommended above. Hope this gives you a leg up. There have been a half dozen for sale in CO this spring. But yes, they generally go very fast if they're not over priced. Also be willing to make a "road trip". 400-800 miles to get the right one is worth it. Have cash in hand and ready to go, or someone else will beat you to it. Good luck and happy hunting.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #5

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1978 Scamp 13'
Oklahoma
Registry
Colorado Jerry,

I will have a 1978 Scamp 13 for sale in Oklahoma in a few days if you want to take a road trip!

I had a stroke on the Fourth of July! I was released from the hospital today. With the death of my son in May I won't be able, or have the desire to finish restoring my Scamp.

Let me know if you are interested. I will be running an ad as soon as I can have the new tires I ordered installed.

Bill
Old 07-06-2016, 04:59 PM   #6

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
Bill, I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties and your loss. Please know that we are all thinking of you and that we care.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:14 PM   #7

Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Mb View Post
Bill, I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties and your loss. Please know that we are all thinking of you and that we care.
Thank you Bob. You and the people on this forum are the greatest!

I shouldn't have mentioned the selling of my Scamp until it was ready to sell, but I guess my thinking isn't quite normal at this time.

Bill
Old 07-06-2016, 06:23 PM   #8

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
You seem to be doing pretty well from all indications.
Buddy of mine had a stroke a year ago and is still doing rehab. Likely will never go back to work, or drive a car.
Take care and do what you're told.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:39 PM   #9

Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
You seem to be doing pretty well from all indications.
Buddy of mine had a stroke a year ago and is still doing rehab. Likely will never go back to work, or drive a car.
Take care and do what you're told.
Glenn, I was very lucky some 15 years ago when I had a more serious stroke. as I recovered about 90% of the use of my right arm and leg in a few weeks.

This time I may have been more lucky because the 50% of the numbness in my right arm and leg dissipated the first day, and both are improving. My thinking is kinda fuzzy, but I can speak OK. The MRI showed this stroke was in my brain's stem, and not in the brain like before.

For sure, if I don't want to be totally handicapped I will have to change my life style. No exercise, and lots of fat filled foods are my problems!

Thanks for your concern.

Bill
Old 07-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #10

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Mb View Post
Just want to pipe in with a ditto Bill. I hope things go better for you going forward.

Walt
Old 07-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #11

Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Just want to pipe in with a ditto Bill. I hope things go better for you going forward.

Walt
Thanks Walt!

Colorado Jerry...sorry that my problems have taken over your thread!

Bill
Old 07-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #12

Colorado
13' Scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nolen View Post
Thanks Walt!

Colorado Jerry...sorry that my problems have taken over your thread!

Bill
Can send some pictures? And what is your price? Thank you, Jerry
Old 07-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #13

Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Jerry View Post
Can send some pictures? And what is your price? Thank you, Jerry
Colorado Jerry, I need to take some better photos. Plus, the new tires need to be install before I officially place it up for sale. And, I need help moving the new custom mattress from a storage building to the Scamp.

Hopefully, I can do that Monday. I'll send you a PM with all the information then. I will give you advance notice (first choice) before I place a ad.

Bill
Old 07-07-2016, 09:25 PM   #14

Colorado
OK Bill,
Iwill wait for you. But, do not work to hard!
Jerry from Colorado

Tags
scamp