13' trailer wanted - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #1

Name: Cathy
Trailer: in the market
Colorado
13' trailer wanted

I'm looking for a 13' trailer that can be pulled by a CRV. Want stove & refrigerator. Also would like to be able to have a bed set up in addition to a small dining area, without having to dismantle the dining area to make the bed. It doesn't have to be fancy, and can need minor repairs -- but my budget tops out at $3,500.00.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Welcome to the group:

I am afraid you have put down a tough set of specifications to fill in your search for an FGRV.

The CRV is just able to pull a 13' based on it's manufacturers rating. We pull our 13' Lil Bigfoot with our CRV and the MPG's plummit to about 18 on a good day. And that's in a 55MPH trailer towing limit in CA

There are a very few (I'm guessing less than 10%) of 13'ers that also have a fixed dinette, but those that don't also have a bathroom, usually have a front couch that works well with folding tables such as Coleman makes. Thats what we do to avoid taking the bed down to eat in the Lil Bigfoot.

A bigger hurdle, especially this time of year, is your budget. That upper limit will usually buy a "fixer" that you will get to put about the same amount into in repairs. For the most part, ready to go camping rigs start at about $5000 and go up, up, up.

However, if you are quick, there is currently a Hunter Compact-II on CraigsList in Phoenix for only $1500, a real buy that won't last more than a day or two.

It's fairly basic, but you will have some fix-up money left over.

We love our Hunter Compact-II and it's even easier to pull than the Lil Bigfoot with the CRV.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Any 13' with a front dinette sounds like it would work. The price is a bit low.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #4

Colorado
13' Trailer Wanted

I know the price is low, but it's my reality at the moment.

Thank you Bob, for your help and all the info. I checked out that link and gave the guy a call. He was very helpful and I'm thinking about taking the long drive to Phoenix to check it out. I'll have to wait until I have a couple of days off. In the meantime, I'm still looking.

I've been using a pop-up, but I can't put it up by myself (I'm really short), so I'm trying to find something I can handle by myself. This is a great group, and thanks for the welcome.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #5

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
If you are short (as am I) you can get by in a Hunter withut raising the top. I only put mine up for the ventilation value. If it's cold it stays down.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #6

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Cathy, I'd jump on the UHaul in Indiana. Front couch easily converts to small dinnete and you leave the bed set up. Glad to find another FGRV owner in Colorado.
Patti
Old 06-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #7

Colorado
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. Things have taken a turn, and I went in another direction. I'm going with a tin can trailer. Somehow it makes me feel like a traitor to this group, but I just got a deal I couldn't pass up.

Thanks again.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Ardans View Post
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. Things have taken a turn, and I went in another direction. I'm going with a tin can trailer. Somehow it makes me feel like a traitor to this group, but I just got a deal I couldn't pass up.

Thanks again.
That's OK, if it is a typical sticky, you will be back.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #9

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Ardans View Post
Somehow it makes me feel like a traitor to this group, but I just got a deal I couldn't pass up.

Thanks again.
Different strokes for different folks Cathy. It's not what you own, its the good memories you make. Happy camping to you! And safe travels always

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote