13' U-Haul/Burro/Scamp - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-31-2017, 12:31 PM   #1

Name: Jake
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul
Tennessee
Exclamation 13' U-Haul/Burro/Scamp

I am currently on a very active search for a 13' light weight fiberglass trailer that I cna pull with my car. I currently have a custom teardrop and I absolutely love it and how small and easy it is but it is time for an upgrade and have fell in love with the small fiberglass trailers. My current price range is anywhere from $2500-possibly $7000 dollars cash. That range includes for one that has some minor issues or needs some remodeling done to it (Nothing major like frame work or major fiberglass repair) to one that is exactly what I am looking for. I am leaning more towards the U-Haul and the Burro campers but am very open to the Scamps as well. If you have one or know of any leads, anything is appropriated. I am located in the middle TN area but am willing to travel 10-12 hours to find what I am looking for. I have cash in hand! please feel free to shoot me a message at 931-349-4568 or shoot me a private message!

Old 10-31-2017, 12:46 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot FT20
Michigan
Jake, have you tried this site? You need to watch it close. Be ready to go if you find one.
If you have to ask question about how big the bed is etc. you will have lost it.
Check this site often, call the ball and go get it.
Do your due diligence, more pictures, problems, damage etc.
Good luck!

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/

Old 10-31-2017, 12:46 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
What is the tow rating of your vehicle? There is a good deal of misinformation out there about how much these things actually weigh (and a lot of variation from one unit to another based on equipment, modifications, and loading).

See the thread Trailer Weights in the Real World for data on weights of various makes and models. For the most part they are fully loaded weights, but the listed 800 pound Burro and 860 pound Hunter are gutted, empty shells. Post #297 links to a handy spreadsheet of the data that can be filtered by make, model, or length and calculates averages.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:01 PM   #4

Name: Jake
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszabo View Post
Jake, have you tried this site? You need to watch it close. Be ready to go if you find one.
If you have to ask question about how big the bed is etc. you will have lost it.
Check this site often, call the ball and go get it.
Do your due diligence, more pictures, problems, damage etc.
Good luck!

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/
Thank you very much for the helpful info! I have been checking it every 5 minutes because I dont want to miss any opertunities!
Old 10-31-2017, 01:22 PM   #5

Michigan
Iíve sold three trailers listed on FGRV Forsale site.
The last one I had a deposit and sold in under two hours.
As what was mentioned, make sure you can haul what your looking at.
I just drove 1200 miles to MB Canada to get one.
Welcome to the site
Old 10-31-2017, 01:30 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
search

jake there is someone on here who has 11 trailers for rehab and resell his name is randy bishop he has a great reputation. there is a lady named Jennifer who has listed a trailer for sale.

check these 2 sources out!

bob
Old 10-31-2017, 01:35 PM   #7

Michigan
Jake I should mention, if you find a trailer you like on FGRV site. Seek out the contact info and contact seller that way. Donít post a message on the site.
They may never see it.
Also, if you respond to an ad on this site. Click on there name, top left section of box. And send them a private message with your contact info.
This will make it much simpler and quicker to respond both ways.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #8

Name: Bruce & Kaye
Trailer: U-Haul 13ct
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtshock View Post
I am currently on a very active search for a 13' light weight fiberglass trailer that I cna pull with my car. I currently have a custom teardrop and I absolutely love it and how small and easy it is but it is time for an upgrade and have fell in love with the small fiberglass trailers. My current price range is anywhere from $2500-possibly $7000 dollars cash. That range includes for one that has some minor issues or needs some remodeling done to it (Nothing major like frame work or major fiberglass repair) to one that is exactly what I am looking for. I am leaning more towards the U-Haul and the Burro campers but am very open to the Scamps as well. If you have one or know of any leads, anything is appropriated. I am located in the middle TN area but am willing to travel 10-12 hours to find what I am looking for. I have cash in hand! please feel free to shoot me a message at 931-349-4568 or shoot me a private message!
I sent you a message. I’ll be posting our Uhaul for sale.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:51 PM   #9

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
$2500 is unrealistic for one without huge issues: frame, axle, floor, etc.

If you find one you like, pounce. Our Casita took four hours to sell which is not unusual.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:40 AM   #10

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
jake there is someone on here who has 11 trailers for rehab and resell his name is randy bishop he has a great reputation. there is a lady named Jennifer who has listed a trailer for sale.

check these 2 sources out!

bob
As far as I know, Randy is in the keeping mode right now, none for sale. He did sell 5 or 6 of his restored trailers a few years ago. He does nice work, very thorough, belly band repair, etc. I'd love to see another sale by Randy!
Old 03-05-2018, 07:29 AM   #11

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
doctor

randy is the fiberglass doctor on the planet but there are some real great rehab guys here now!

bob

Tags
burro, scamp, u-haul