13' with no bathroom wanted. - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #1

13' with no bathroom wanted.

We would love an older/affordable model that still is in great shape and just needs cosmetic work.
These seem to be super rare on the East Coast. Maybe someone wants to take one last trip here before selling it? Beautiful camping on Cape Cod or the White Mountains!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 03-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Hi East Coast and welcome to the group.

To improve replies, you might want to tell us a bit more about your request.

1. For FGRV's that need only cosmetic work, "Older" often does not mean "Affordable". And remember, many FGRV's are over 40 y.o. and still in daily use.
As most peeps here are well aware of prices/values, give us an idea of your budget and you will quickly get feedback if it is realistic or not and hints on what to look for.

2. Any that are both older and affordable won't last long if advertised. Many sell within hours of listing and, any that are still around after a few days, usually have problems, either with the rig or the ad itself, as scammers abound. There has recently been a scammer advertising a newer 13' Casita for under $6000 on C/L in about 20 different states. Ain't gonna happen!

To have an effective search, you need to be reviewing several listing sources at least twice a day Besides our own classifieds, also Bird-Dog: 1) All Craigslist's within at least 300 miles of where you live and also, 2) Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers For Sale | Fiberglass RV's For Sale.

As you are apparently in the Northeast, don't overlook Canadian ads either. Trailers over 25 years old are fairly easy to import, newer ones not some much so.

And last, but certainly least, what will you be towing your 13' FGRV with?

Good Luck Hunting

Old 03-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #3

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Along with trailers listed on the "For sale" section of this forum and trailers listed on the previously mentioned fiberglass-rv-4sale.com, you might try searchtempest.com. That will
search all of Craigslist and EBay sites within a specified radius of a location.

Since FGRVs hold their value so well, you might be close to as well off to order a new
trailer and get just what you want/need. If you decide to sell it later, you probably won't
lose too much money.

Good Hunting! 😊

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #4

Thanks Bob!
I missed one here locally- a fixed up 70's Boler, for $3200,by an hour. Had I know how rare, I would have moved faster!
We can't afford more then that right now, but camp 2-3 weeks each year and are getting tired of all the work of tents. We have a 4 cylinder Toyota Hylander, so I think 1500 lbs is our max. I think I'll be browsing for now, and save up some more so we don't have to buy a project.
I love the Boler and the old Uhaul's the best.
Thanks so much for all the advice!
Ana
Old 03-20-2015, 11:08 AM   #5

Name: sue
Trailer: 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Florida
What part of East Coast are you hoping to find your trailer?
We are in Florida.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suelinc View Post
What part of East Coast are you hoping to find your trailer?
We are in Florida.
Hi there! We are in Boston. Some New England travel would be ok, but we do have two small kids.
Ana
Old 05-20-2015, 09:17 PM   #7

Name: mary
Trailer: trillium1979
Quebec
if montreal canada is good for you i have a trillium 1300 A1.
asking for 9 000 $ negociable if sold before end of may

mary princesse71@live.ca
Old 06-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #8

Name: B
Trailer: Love Bug
Virginia
If you are still looking for a camper, we just posted ours. Click my member name bcwise and you will see the thread of posts.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #9

Name: Anne
Trailer: Compact jr. 1974
Mass
1974 Trillium for sale Massachusetts

Hi, if you are still looking I have a Trillium 1300 for sale in Mass. Its in very good condition.
Anne MP
Old 06-26-2015, 05:34 AM   #10

1972 boler on long island ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
We would love an older/affordable model that still is in great shape and just needs cosmetic work.
These seem to be super rare on the East Coast. Maybe someone wants to take one last trip here before selling it? Beautiful camping on Cape Cod or the White Mou
iPhone using Fiberglass RV
from
Check out the 1972 boler on the post. May be what your looking for. we are on long island ny
Attached Thumbnails
P6173620.jpg  
Old 06-26-2015, 07:25 AM   #11

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
I missed one here locally-...for $3200,...We can't afford more then that right now, ...
Greetings..Although its been a while, I will assume you are still looking. I have been shopping a lot so I think that my two cents might be of some help in your search.

I would expect that if you are lucky enough to find one for $3200 or less, it will need some work. Maybe a new axle for example (esp if 20+ years old), and that adds to the cost. I found a local Scamp 13, a little over 20 years old, listed at $5400 and it was OK for camping but it could really use some work, and if I had bought it, I would have put some work and money into it.

Another place to look to get an idea of values is:
Fiberglass RVs SOLD | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
You will see that getting something usable for $3200 is not too easy, although I did see one in Florida that looks to be in fair to good shape for $3100 (sold of course).

Many people look for many months, and even years, to find their Fiberglass trailer.. and its like looking for a job, you really have to keep at it every day, use multiple search methods, and be able to move on a moments notice. Sooner or later you will find a very motivated (or ill informed) seller and get a deal, but it could be a long wait. Since I am getting older, and the trailers do not depreciate too much, I ordered new. Unless I find a great deal before Sept, I will be buying new.

I had a 2008 Highlander without tow package (1900 lbs tow rating I think), and I towed a 1550 lbs pop-up.. easy-peasy. Of course a walled trailer adds a lot of wind resistance so I have my doubts that it would have done very well towing a Scamp 13 or similar.

If you have a Highlander with factory OEM tow package then it might be a 3500 or more tow rating, and you will be good to go (depending on what FG trailer you get)

GOOD LUCK
Old 06-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #12

Name: Stephen
Trailer: Trillium
Maryland
What are you asking?
Old 06-28-2015, 07:05 AM   #13

Boler

asking 4500. The price is firm.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:41 PM   #14

Name: j
Trailer: Currently Shopping"
Alabama
Have an Amerigo 16 ft

about a 72 model that needs cosmetic work but can be used like it is. I bought it to re do it but guess I will never find the time. No bath. Will try to post a pic or two. $3800.00 Firm. For $100.00 moe will include a room ac (portable) in good working condition. Am located in Alabama.