15-17' Bigfoot or Casita sought in OR, CA, or WA - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-26-2014, 08:18 PM   #1

Name: Ron
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
15-17' Bigfoot or Casita sought in OR, CA, or WA

Located in Gresham, OR
Seeking 15' up Bigfoot or Casita 2005 or earlier to keep to reasonable price point.
Travel SEA & North Calif Sac to Fresno & coast regularly.
Advise if have something of interest.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: Cabana
Oregon
Seeking lightweight trailer?

Hi. I have a rare breed that I think I am going to sell. It is a 1976 Forest Grove Cabana. It is a molded fiberglass trailer with a gooseneck hitch. I bought it last year and have pretty much finished ripping out the old, moldy interior and am planning to seal the roof, replace the skylight, etc. within the next month.

The trailer is in Oregon but I live back East so I don't get the time to work on it that I want or need. If you can tow a lightweight gooseneck (hitch plate included) then this might be a good deal for you. It is functional now but hardly pristine.

It is pretty much ready for some lightweight insulation and then something for the exterior. I was thinking of automotive carpeting.

All in all, it's solid and extremely rare. I have been looking for the past year and have been unable to find another like it. Forest Grove Industries has long since gone away. I have been able to find some documentation on the company but the folks here at Fiberglass RV haven't added the brand yet. They also made motor homes.

It is a gooseneck with bathroom and shower/closet, fridge (functional???), propane stove, sink, etc. I can't recall if it's 16 or 18 ft. I'll be able to get you that info when I am in Oregon in early September.

Let me know if you are interested.

Jack

Old 08-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #3

Name: Carol
Trailer: Bigfoot
Nevada
Ron, have you seen our ad for a 17-footer in Reno?

Marketplace Posting Rules
Old 09-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #4

Name: john
Trailer: casita
Oregon
ron in gresham

We have a 2003 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe in excellent condition. Fantastic fan, heat pump, with excellent air, new tires, micro, tv, etc. Asking $9000.00. Hope to mhear from you. We are in So. Oregon and will be in your area next week-end. Thanks
Old 09-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #5

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabanaJack View Post
Hi. I have a rare breed that I think I am going to sell. It is a 1976 Forest Grove Cabana. It is a molded fiberglass trailer with a gooseneck hitch. I bought it last year and have pretty much finished ripping out the old, moldy interior and am planning to seal the roof, replace the skylight, etc. within the next month.

The trailer is in Oregon but I live back East so I don't get the time to work on it that I want or need. If you can tow a lightweight gooseneck (hitch plate included) then this might be a good deal for you. It is functional now but hardly pristine.

It is pretty much ready for some lightweight insulation and then something for the exterior. I was thinking of automotive carpeting.

All in all, it's solid and extremely rare. I have been looking for the past year and have been unable to find another like it. Forest Grove Industries has long since gone away. I have been able to find some documentation on the company but the folks here at Fiberglass RV haven't added the brand yet. They also made motor homes.

It is a gooseneck with bathroom and shower/closet, fridge (functional???), propane stove, sink, etc. I can't recall if it's 16 or 18 ft. I'll be able to get you that info when I am in Oregon in early September.

Let me know if you are interested.

Jack
Some pics or a link to pics would go a long way to help you sell this unusual sounding rig.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #6

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Some pics or a link to pics would go a long way to help you sell this unusual sounding rig.
I remember when CabanaJack bought the Cabana... here's some discussion: Cabana 5th Wheel
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #7

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
The original poster has not been back since he posted the want ad, July 26th. You might want to PM him.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #8

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I remember when CabanaJack bought the Cabana... here's some discussion: Cabana 5th Wheel
Thank You for the earlier link, that's a most unusual rig. I just hope his geographical situation doesn't leave it abandoned to the elements.

Tags
bigfoot, casita