A light weight RV 17 FT - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #1
Name: Don
Trailer: in the market
Post A light weight RV 17 FT

Good morning, I am in Virginia near the DC area and I am looking for a 17 ft Fiberglass RV. Am interested in one in good shape and sleeps 4. If you have one and the price is right then I am very interested. My future wife and I are retiring and we plan on traveling the country. Also I drive a Toyota Tacoma 6 Cyl with a towing package built in. Look forward to hearing the comments and potentially buying.

Oldmancaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:58 AM   #2
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita 17 Ft SD
Congrats on the retirement and future traveling, we pull a 2006 Casita 17 ft SD with our 06 Tacoma 4.0 V6 and it works great, had same outfit now for 6 yrs. If you have the older Tacoma with the 3.4 V6, you may find it doesn't have sufficient power for a 17 ft travel trailer. The guy I bought the Casita from had a 3.4L V6 and was complaining it wasn't up to par on towing power for that trailer.

David L. C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy ordered
Look at www.lilsnoozy.com
"The island is not sinking!" Eric the Viking
Mitzi Agnew-Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
A best place to start your research is to take a look at the thread Trailer Weights in the Real World which will give you a good idea as to what you can expect various sized fibreglass trailers to actually weight with all your stuff in them.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #5
Name: Walter
Trailer: 2002 BigFoot 17'
SW Virginia
17' Casitas do not lend themselves to sleeping 4 easily. There are better options, One being the Parkliner with the bunk option. Anything I can think of at 17' or less would need to include bunks I think.

Past owner of 1995 13' Casita, 1994 16' Casita, 2012 Parkliner.
Current owner of 2002 17' Bigfoot
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #6
Name: Don
Trailer: in the market
Thumbs up Thanks for the comments so far.

I do appreciate the comments so far and I do look forward to learning more. I said sleeps four but in reality I am now thinking about a full size bed and then a table with two chairs on the side. Thank you all for the wonderful input.

Oldmancaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #7
Name: Dennis
Trailer: Escape and Boler
British Columbia
Pelrhaps by now you have already located a trailer? But thought I would advise you of the as listed 18" Trilliums trailers. (they are very rare - not many made at the end of Trillium making trailers - 1980/81. I am far away from you but this will suggest you could 'look for' this type of unit if so desired. (I have had 13 and 15' Trilliums over the past 15 years and did NOT know that they made an 18" model. They previous owner pulled it with a 1991 Toyota with approx. 250,000 MILES on it - worked well.

I have a 17.4inch TRILLIUM - Has 'dinette' in the back - puts down to full size bed.
The FRONT also has a dinette in it. Length is less - as storage bin on one end - but still approx. 6' 2" in length - also the width is approx. 2 or 3 inches 'narrower'.
Trailer has everything except AIR C. Outside full awning as well!

Lindenguy is offline   Reply With Quote

light, weight