Alabama WTB: Casita, Scamp, Boler, Hunter, etc. - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Burro
Alabama
Alabama WTB: Casita, Scamp, Boler, Hunter, etc.

Hello all. I've been searching for a small, fiberglass rv to take my fiance camping with me. Unfortunately, every time I locate one in or around Alabama, it seemingly sells within the first couple of hours. I'm impartial to the make of the rv, layout, length, etc as long as it is free of leaks, cracks, or frame issues. My ideal rv would be in the 1970's-1980's range and within a 4-5 hour drive of Birmingham, AL. Thank you for reading.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome to the Forum David.
Wish you lots of luck finding a suitable FG.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #3

Alabama
Thanks for the welcome Carl
Old 12-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Randy Bishop is in Alabama. He has a fleet of trailers. Maybe ask him for advise, (I don't think the trailers are for sale).
Fiberglass RV - View Profile: Randy Bishop
Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicitch View Post
Hello all. I've been searching for a small, fiberglass rv to take my fiance camping with me. Unfortunately, every time I locate one in or around Alabama, it seemingly sells within the first couple of hours. I'm impartial to the make of the rv, layout, length, etc as long as it is free of leaks, cracks, or frame issues. My ideal rv would be in the 1970's-1980's range and within a 4-5 hour drive of Birmingham, AL. Thank you for reading.
Welcome to the forum. As the oldtimers here say about those searching for a FG trailer: "There are quick ones and there are ones who like to sleep in tents".

Best of luck with your search.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #6

Alabama
Thank you all for the welcomes and the advice on contacting Randy. Hopefully I can soon transition from "in the market" to "owner"
Old 12-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Unfortunately, every time I locate one in or around Alabama, it seemingly sells within the first couple of hours .

Welcome to the fiberglass purchase dilemma , you have to realize glass trailers are not mass produced like stickies. There are not thousands up for sale at anyone time. So you have to be ready to pull the trigger the second they come up. Keep cash in hand so you can buy on the spot. I know that put's ton's of stress on you, but that is about how it goes with glass sales. Good luck!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
looking

Quote:
Thank you all for the welcomes and the advice on contacting Randy. Hopefully I can soon transition from "in the market" to "owner"
Welcome to FGRV and good luck in your search as it can be done.

I spent 1 1/2 years looking for the right one for us. Living in the Eastern San Diego county desert area it's a LONG way from most of the eggs for sale and I really wasn't looking forward to traveling 2 or 3 states away to find one. But the wait was worth it...I found a 2006 Casita SD 17 in mint condition just 80 miles away and at a give away price too for the west coast.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #9

Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
I gotta agree with Robin G. I now have six Trilliums. I got a great deal on most of them. Typically, if I see one I want to buy, I start the car, then give the seller a call. I have shown up, only to find that the seller had only junk, then went home empty handed. But mostly I have had very good luck.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #10

Alabama
Thank you all

Thank you all for the advice. I'm admittedly a novice when it comes to the world of glass rv's (quickly realized this during my first conversation with Randy). However, I'm captivated by them so I welcome the opportunity to learn.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #11

Name: Harry
Trailer: 7/24/13...ordered a 2014 13 ft Scamp w/Shower/Toilet
Alabama
2014 13 Scamp for sale

13ft Scamp for sale in a Gulf Shores, Al. This is a 2014 standard with shower/commode and every option I think I could get...AC with heat strip, 3 porch lights, tv antenna, electric brakes, bike rack, awning, stove and sink covers, extra inside reading lights and 12 volt plugs, wheel jack, propane gauge, extra side cabinets, 3 speed fantastic fan, outside gfi plug, extra outlets,plus more. I paid $16,700. We spent two nights in it and my wife now "likes" camping and wants a class C or A...RV. If you are seriously looking for a brand new one loaded out than send me a PM. I am located an hour from both Mobile, Al and Pensacola, Florida. It took me several months to order this SCAMP and on our trip, I was stopped several times by people wanting to see it. I know these are in high demand so I thought I would try to sell it here vs trading it in to a dealer.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #12

Name: Lynn S.
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Have just listed our 2001 13ft Scamp. Located just north of Chattanooga.

Tags
boler, casita, scamp