Bonaire Oxygen 2002 - To fix or not before selling? - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #1

Name: sylvain
Trailer: Bonair Oxygen
Ontario
Bonaire Oxygen 2002 - To fix or not before selling?

Hello everyone,
I have an Bonair Oxigen, 2002 model. It is located in New Brunswick (I live in Ottawa). The kitchen counter needs to be replaced. I'm also considering selling it next year. And so I was wondering if I should replace the counter before selling or selling it as is. I am an interior designer by trade and would select a suitable replacement, and If I do intend to replace it, I would keep samples of original finishes for the next owner.

Any clues on how to best address this?

Thanks.

PS. Any interested buyers with offers can contact me, but I haven't set a price yet. I'll have to research that a little.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Quebec
Registry
I wouldn't bother fixing it.
My guess Oxygen's are looked after, I think you'll have no problem selling it as it is, and you wouldn't recover the investment of the new counter top when selling it.

If it doesn't sell because of the counter top - which would surprise me - it'll always be time to make a new one.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #3

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
Hello everyone,
I have an Bonair Oxigen, 2002 model. It is located in New Brunswick (I live in Ottawa). The kitchen counter needs to be replaced. I'm also considering selling it next year. And so I was wondering if I should replace the counter before selling or selling it as is. I am an interior designer by trade and would select a suitable replacement, and If I do intend to replace it, I would keep samples of original finishes for the next owner.

Thanks.

PS. Any interested buyers with offers can contact me, but I haven't set a price yet. I'll have to research that a little.
Just put in something nice looking and serviceable that won't break the bank and will keep your cost in line for profit margins. The less a buyer has to do the quicker the sale.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:58 PM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
"The less a buyer has to do the quicker the sale."

...not ALL buyers. How many cool renovations and re-builds have we seen here? (including yours?)

Many buyers are looking for "turn-key" trailers, but others are looking for an opportunity to fashion their own space. As in selling a house, most people will repaint the place no mater what you do.
Of course, if you are replacing a missing counter top, that's another story.

Good luck

Gordon
Old 08-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #5

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Quebec
Registry
It's not like if the original Oxygen's counter top was super nice to begin with. IMO the style of the cabinet didn't match the style of the trailer, it looked kinda out of place.
Personally, if I was to buy an Oxygen, I would consider throwing out the entire cabinet - even if the seller tells me he just replaced the top - and replace it with something to my taste.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #6

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Here's an Oxygen with a wood countertop. I like it!

Bonair Oxygen Interior Refresh
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #7

Name: Grant
Trailer: Oxygen Bonair
Alberta
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.

I too am an Oxygen owner and can tell you that these hold excellent resell value. I believe that the counter top is of nominal consequence and that aside from actual body damage the condition is not a huge selling factor, plus a lot of owners are beginning to renovate their units as a number of inferior parts were used in construction. I'm not sure what you were thinking of asking but based on supply and demand you should get anywhere between $13,000 and $15,000.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #8

Name: sylvain
Trailer: Bonair Oxygen
Ontario
Thanks for your advice.
There is some body damage at one corner near the kitchen counter. A crack appeared last year (between the counter corner and the fiberglass bedframe, so not on the outside shell) and would have to be fixed and so that would affect the sale price. I'll be getting some pics of the Oxigen at some point (including any visible damage). But the plan so far is to have it brought back to Ottawa next spring (in May perhaps) and then decide to either sell or keep. Having the Oxygen in Ottawa will also open it up for the Montreal and Toronto population and a greater potential of buyers since its more central.

In any case, I'll be sure to post it on here.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #9

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Quote:
Thanks for your advice.
There is some body damage at one corner near the kitchen counter. A crack appeared last year (between the counter corner and the fiberglass bedframe, so not on the outside shell) and would have to be fixed and so that would affect the sale price. I'll be getting some pics of the Oxigen at some point (including any visible damage). But the plan so far is to have it brought back to Ottawa next spring (in May perhaps) and then decide to either sell or keep. Having the Oxygen in Ottawa will also open it up for the Montreal and Toronto population and a greater potential of buyers since its more central.

Perhaps this thread will bring you that offer to buy it that you can't resist that will help you make up your mind to sell or not to sell. I hope that happens for you.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:21 AM   #10

Name: Howard
Trailer: In the Market
Washington
Quote:
Thanks for your advice.

Hello,
I am looking to purchase an Oxygen trailer. I live in Western Washington, US. Would you possibly be interested in selling to me? The best time for me would be next spring as winter is rapidly approaching and I am currently busy with a project. Do you have pictures that you could send to me of the trailer, and damage, and let me know the condition of the trailer overall?
my email is: hpvl@joimail.com . Thank you. Howard