Campster or Compact Jr WANTED - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #1

Name: Roger
Trailer: Trails West Campster andTeardrop American
California
Registry
Campster or Compact Jr WANTED

Hi

My name is Roger Wilhelm. Currently own a Tear Drop American Outback. BUT, I am looking to buy a Trails West Campster or Hunter Compact, jr II I etc. I'm planning a cross country journey this summer and I believe the Outbacker will be too hard on my back.

Thank you for any help

Roger

Old 02-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilhelm View Post
Hi

My name is Roger Wilhelm. Currently own a Tear Drop American Outback. BUT, I am looking to buy a Trails West Campster or Hunter Compact, jr II I etc. I'm planning a cross country journey this summer and I believe the Outbacker will be too hard on my back.

Thank you for any help

Roger
Hello Rog, Hope you find a Campster or Hunter JR, the JRs are small , light and have good head room with the pop top. The Photo you showed me recently shows your Outback to be a nice design , but not for a cross country trip. Will it be for sale ? Since you are so close to Sacramento, I hope you get to see the old RVs on display at the State Automobile Museum. It is the old Towe Auto Museum and even though there aren't any fiberglas trailers, the display is very interesting. I may put up a post about it so everyone can see the place. It is right off I-80 near Old Town. Happy Trails ! David in Fresno and Sonora

Old 02-23-2016, 06:17 PM   #3

California
Registry
Well, Hi ya David. Yes, if I am able to find a Compact or Campster, I certainly won't need the Outback. Considering my back problems, I think I may have been a bit optimistic about the practicality of the Outback.

I have been to the Museum and I did see the trailers. There are certainly some interesting trailers, including the trailer that has unknown origins. Fascinating stuff.

Thanks for the shout out.

Roger
Old 03-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #4

California
Registry
Hi David
I have arranged to buy a Campster. I didn't find it so much as it found me. The deal is done and soon money will change hands and I will tow my new trailer home. SO, the Teardrop American Outback is for sale. Haven't listed yet, but it will be listed here, on RV4-Sale and E-Bay. Just thought I would keep you in the loop. Hope you are well and hearty!

Roger
Old 03-12-2016, 06:36 PM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilhelm View Post
Hi David
I have arranged to buy a Campster. I didn't find it so much as it found me. The deal is done and soon money will change hands and I will tow my new trailer home. SO, the Teardrop American Outback is for sale. Haven't listed yet, but it will be listed here, on RV4-Sale and E-Bay. Just thought I would keep you in the loop. Hope you are well and hearty!

Roger
Rog, Glad to hear about the 'new' trailer - that's one of my favorites. Find one for me, as a 'sibling' for my Scanp 13'. So plan to go to the fg ( Scamp) campout at Whiskeytown , near Reading, CA , April 1st. Nice place, close by, cheap cost. Other Bay Area and Sacramento area people should plan for it too. And don't forget to go to the Calif Car Museum near Old Town , Sacramento before the Vintage RV exhibit leaves. Julie and I went, Roger went, you are next ! Happy Trails, David in Fresno and Sonora.

Sooooo , how much will you want for your fb Outback ? I might be interested.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:44 PM   #6

California
Registry
Funny you should mention it. There is a Compact Jr on Craigslist for the "Inland Empire" Pictures looked ok and I think it was $2500. Saw it mentioned this morning so... don't know much more than that. As for the Outback: I have about $1700 in it, so something VERY close to that would be fine. They are rare. Maybe 3-400 were manufactured in 1988/89. BUT, they are too small for me. The turn signals blink the wrong direction, other than that I think its quite towable. Had no problems at all bringing it back from Idaho. Good Luck and Happy Trails as Roy Rogers used to say.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #7

Name: Rebecca
Trailer: LOOKING
Washington
Congrats

Roger- congrats on finding - or being found by- you new Campster. We're still in the hunt for a Compact junior or Campster or other large bed light weight trailer. If an extra one finds you, let me know!
Old 03-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #8

California
Registry
Thank you Rebecca. There seem to be some available on the East Coast, but they are a bit more difficult to find out here on the West Coast. I have some pictures that I received the other day, but strangely no text. The License plate was issued by New Jersey. I do hope you find one. I think they are spiffy little trailerss.

Roger

Tags
campster