Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Nice!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #16

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Trade you my CT (which I really like) for it! LOL Congrats, that's a beauty!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #17

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Chris, congratulations on your new Burro and hope the axle/brakes conundrum is answered to your satisfaction. Both interior and exterior look to be well-maintained. If you don't mind me asking, why did you decline to look at/buy the Tennessee trailer on Craig's List? How long was your negotiation/deliberation for the trailer you purchased? Did you feel pressured to buy by the old "got a buyer" realtor ploy or did the seller give you breathing room for evaluation? Do you feel the trailer you have is a bargain or not? What sold you on the trailer you have? How important was the seller's attitude?

jack
Old 09-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #18

Name: Chris & T.J.
Trailer: 1993 17' WB Burro
Florida
Thanks, y'all! We can't wait to go camping

Jack, thanks. We're having the trailer serviced in a few days, so we'll know more then.
I never heard back from the Craigslist guy. Coincidentally found this similar Burro near where my parents live. Didn't feel any pressure from the seller, and he had a fair price. We felt comfortable purchasing it after my parents checked it out and confirmed that it appeared to be in good condition. Pretty sure we'll have to do the brakes, and maybe the axle too, and even with that expense we still feel it's a good deal. What sold us on the trailer was the overall good condition of the rv (isn't it beautiful?!), and it was the size we were looking for, so we didn't have to compromise on any of what we really wanted just to buy something local. And the price was right.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #19

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Thumbs up Nice donkey!!

Yes, it is a beautiful trailer and it's nice not to have to rely on faith that it may be if you can only work your way thru yrs. of neglect. I notice the 3-way fridge has been replaced with a Haier AC dorm fridge. That may not be a bad thing imo but you will probably need an ice chest if you camp without hookups. It does tell me that the previous owner was interested in using it and made timely corrections to problems rather than ignoring them until the day when he could just cross his fingers and say "Oh yes, everything works!" Do you perhaps have the so-called "dancehall" model without shower? Seems like there should be a curbside bulkhead visible in the view aft if it does. If you have no bathroom/shower, is there storage on that side between the aft dinette and the door? Love to see more pix and keep posting!

jack
Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #20

Name: Chris & T.J.
Trailer: 1993 17' WB Burro
Florida
Ah, very perceptive. I like that term, "dancehall." In fact, no bathroom and no closet, previous owners tore it out. So it's got an open floorplan. Comes with a portapotti, too Will be happy to share more photos soon.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #21

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye 29 foot
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wander Weekes View Post
Ah, very perceptive. I like that term, "dancehall." In fact, no bathroom and no closet, previous owners tore it out. So it's got an open floorplan. Comes with a portapotti, too Will be happy to share more photos soon.
Wow, what a find. I just started looking for a FG 13' trailer and really like the one you bought.

I'm in the process of saving up money for my trailer. Just hope I can find a nice one like yours and have the money when I do.

Can't wait to see more pictures of your new beauty.

BTW: I live in Oregon and if anyone has a nice Fiberglass 13' trailer they want to sell, PM me.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 10-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #22

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
I thought the burros weren't made between 88 and 98......at least that's what the manf page on the forum says...but i guess i looked at a 90 last week.....anyone know what years they were really made?

Tags
burro