Desperately seeking FGRV! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #15

Name: charlie
Trailer: currently shopping
Arizona
Checked out the trip report; sounds pretty much like what I'm looking for, but I'm a little cocerned w/ the dog/cat thing. I would like a FGRV that is odor free. Smoking?

Old 08-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #16

Name: Don
Trailer: 13ft Scamp
Texas
Bob's suggestion is valid, if you feel you don't really need a toilet, you can have more room. For the wife and I, not having a potty was simply not even an option, when you take pills that require one VERY often for a while afterwards.. We did not intend to entertain, party, or cook meals, so the requirements were well met with our choice. We did not even disturb the bed, but left it made the whole trip.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #17

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindercharlie View Post
Checked out the trip report; sounds pretty much like what I'm looking for, but I'm a little cocerned w/ the dog/cat thing. I would like a FGRV that is odor free. Smoking?
No smoking by us, no detectable odors from smoking or pets. They are well housebroken and professionally cleaned before travel. They were never left alone in there, and there is no chewed up things.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #18

Arizona
So, thinking of a trip to AZ anytime soon? I won't have enough time off for a trip to TX for a while. I am seriously interested and AM commited to the bathroom. Like I said, my other trailer is a tent that you can barely sit up in, I'm sure it will seem spacious
Old 08-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #19

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonFromTexas View Post
Bob's suggestion is valid, if you feel you don't really need a toilet, you can have more room. For the wife and I, not having a potty was simply not even an option, when you take pills that require one VERY often for a while afterwards.. We did not intend to entertain, party, or cook meals, so the requirements were well met with our choice. We did not even disturb the bed, but left it made the whole trip.
[IMG][/IMG]
One wonders why you're selling it?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #20

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonFromTexas View Post
Mine has the ceramic toilet, quality stuff there. It has Air Conditioner, Furnace, toilet, shower, bathroom sink, kitchen sink, water heater, awning, three way fridge, factory screen door, brand new 19 inch TV, all new curtains, Honda 2000 watt generator, and of course fresh water tank with electric pump and black water tank. New spare tire with cover, deluxe wood interior means the optional wide 54inch bed also. I bet you cannot beat it for my price of $7500. Still getting unpacked, will add some photos later.
See my trip report in the camping trip section above.
Are you sure you have a 13??? How does all that fit?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #21

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear View Post
Are you sure you have a 13??? How does all that fit?
The dog and cat are adorable and look like well behaved trailer roomates!

Looking at the pic it seems the closet is thinner? Due the big bed? The kitchen area is smaller too I'd guess?

I've been working at getting AC, heat, shower, potty, ete. all in a 13' at the same time and it's challenging. With the deluxe bed, I was having a hard time imagining it. AC on the roof I assume?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #22

Arizona
Where do I find the pics??? (newbie here....)
Old 08-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #23

Texas
No, the AC is in the rear window, roof is a bit weak for it I was told. I made a rack for it and used the 32 lb Frigidare, that worked out wonderfully. Yes, with the large bed, you get a skinny closet, not sure what is changed in the kitchen side.I was told by the previous owner, this was a prototype of sorts, and is the very first one Scamp put a shower in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear View Post
The dog and cat are adorable and look like well behaved trailer roomates!

Looking at the pic it seems the closet is thinner? Due the big bed? The kitchen area is smaller too I'd guess?

I've been working at getting AC, heat, shower, potty, ete. all in a 13' at the same time and it's challenging. With the deluxe bed, I was having a hard time imagining it. AC on the roof I assume?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #24

Texas
Not in the plans, but you never can tell. Right now I am bushed from the 4408 mile trip, at 75 my body hurts from sitting even.
Quote:
So, thinking of a trip to AZ anytime soon? I won't have enough time off for a trip to TX for a while. I am seriously interested and AM commited to the bathroom. Like I said, my other trailer is a tent that you can barely sit up in, I'm sure it will seem spacious
Old 08-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #25

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Unfortunatley, I'm not a big fan of porta potties. I know it really limits me, but a friend bought one that was "almost " what she wanted and is not satisfied. I'd rather wait if I have to.

[QUOTE=cindercharlie;325789]You can't scare me with limited space! QUOTE]

To each their own, honestly I can probably count the times we actually ate in the Casita on one hand, but I have enjoyed having my own bathroom hundreds of times! Some don't need a bathroom but for those of us who prefer our own, it's worth the wait!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:29 AM   #26

British Columbia
[QUOTE=Robin G;325829]

Quote:
You can't scare me with limited space! QUOTE]

To each their own, honestly I can probably count the times we actually ate in the Casita on one hand, but I have enjoyed having my own bathroom hundreds of times! Some don't need a bathroom but for those of us who prefer our own, it's worth the wait!
I have had some reservations with my experiences of using the (presumably) Scamp supplied Sanipottie, the water supply is basically useless and I had to use various water bottle solutions to supply the magic blue fluid. Generally avoided using it were I could. I have high hopes for my new Dometic! Seems like a huge improvement in many ways, aesthetics being one, much higher quality looking/feeling. Also the previous woodwork wasn't ideal for using the Sanipottie in place. My new woodwork solves this nicely. So I'd say the porta potty concept can vary considerably!

But then there's simply the whole "the trailer is basically the bathroom for a little while" thing. With multiple inhabitants that could be a fundamental deal breaker. Never had a black water tank, so I can't say how emptying the two actually compares. But the Dometic looks like it'll be a snap to empty. The Sanipottie was "challenging" or I could say "unpleasant" to empty on occasion.

OK, I'll stop before I move way off topic.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #27

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
There are Porta Potties and Santpotties and several others, but for a comletely portable loo, with a large capacity and exceptional ease of use, the Fianna Bi-Pot is hard to beat: heres a link:
Fiamma Inc. - Products
In the past 3 years I have bought 4 of the model 39's for use in RV's and at home.