Do you have my future trailer? Washington/Oregon - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Just Looking
Washington
We are looking for our first fiberglass trailer. Our tent trailer is just not cutting it! We are open to different brands, but would like something in good condition (no cracks). We are looking for a trailer 15 to 19 feet long, no 5th wheel trailers. A bathroom is a plus. Within driving distance of Southwest Washington please. Our price range is $4000 and under. Send me pictures and price of what you have!
Thank you for your help!

Katy G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Quote:
We are looking for our first fiberglass trailer. Our tent trailer is just not cutting it! We are open to different brands, but would like something in good condition (no cracks). We are looking for a trailer 15 to 19 feet long, no 5th wheel trailers. A bathroom is a plus. Within driving distance of Southwest Washington please. Our price range is $4000 and under. Send me pictures and price of what you have!
Thank you for your help!

Unfortunately, unless you are looking for a "fixer-upper", your budget maybe too low for a molded fiberglass trailer that sleeps 4 and all the other options you are looking for. Even some of the 13 ft. that don't have the options that you are looking for in good condition are in the $5,000- $6,000+ range. Have you looked at this web site? http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/node , it will give you an idea of what these trailers sell for in the "sold" area.

You also might have to be prepared to drive quite a ways or hire a transporter. We personally have driven more than 2,400 miles to buy a used one and recently sold one that the buyer had shipped to Louisiana. These smaller molded fiberglass trailers are not cheap because they are small and the demand is always great year round as opposed to a stick-built trailer.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I thought I would save you some time.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Oregon
I bought a real fixer upper last year for $4000, but I knew that was the going price for a fixer after research. I chose an Amerigo because it has the most spaciousness for the least weight. It is 17 ft long and weighs only 1200 pounds and is towed by my Honda Element. After restoration, it looks amazing. It is rootbeer brown with gold metallic glitter flakes and matches my rootbeer brown Honda Element Woody. The surface restoration was extensive because the fiberglass had chicken feet and pits. Now its surface looks brand new. I love the flush toilet and multiple holding tanks and the cool stove/oven that has a vented furnace built-in. I may consider selling it and I'll post pictures later today, but it will be more than the $4000. I have owned all sorts of fiberglass trailers and this is the only one I found NOT claustrophic because of the extensive windows. Insulated very well and quite comfy. It's in Salem, Or. if you want to come see. 5412178346
Old 07-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
1984 16' Fiberstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy G. View Post
Thank you for your help!
Hi Katy,
We have a 16' Fiberstream-the body is sound but it could use a rubout and polish. Needs battery and work on some of the appliances. . Has roof air, electric hitch lift, wet bath, and double sofas that convert to a queen bed. I bought in in March as a project, and did some initial cleanup, installed new roof vent, and recaulked all roof plumbing vents, antenna. I tore out the carpet, and painted the subfloor. My wife wants something bigger-we have two labs and a pup coming soon. She trains dogs and travels to obedience, tracking events. I thought 16' was trailer size but that includes the tow hitch. the trailer itself is about 13'. It is double axle and weighs 1700lb. dry according to manuf. spec. sheet, though posters on this sight claim it weighs a bit more. We are asking $2,500, which is less than we paid, but it needs more than I thought. Bought it sight unseen and had it towed from Sacramento. We are in Applegate, Or, between Medford and Grants Pass. I can send photos. You can call me 541-846-7616