Does anyone have a Compact Jr. they might want to sell? - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #1

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Does anyone have a Compact Jr. they might want to sell?

Hi Folks,

I have always liked the Compact Jrs. Maybe it's the square shape that goes with my square car So lately I've been thinking it would be fun to have one to fix up.

I've been combing Craigslist, the web, Kijiji, FGRV4sale, site Mash, etc. and have found a couple, but they are either on the opposite coast (I'm in the mid-Atlantic) or they are $2500 and still thousands of miles away, which I can't afford. So I thought I would ask here, as I know some of you might have a trailer you are thinking of selling, or etc. Why not start with the home gang

I don't mind a fixer upper, although one with a decent shell (or even in good shape if it is nearby and/or affordable) would be swell. I have looked at a few, and usually the stick-built interior looks like it could use some help. I don't mind that, as I would like to try out some ideas I have from boat work I promise to give it some love and fix it up right Original gelcoat in a funky color is a plus!

I don't mind driving in certain directions, as I have friends/relatives I could visit. So anywhere on the East Coast would be fine (Florida to Maine), and also anywhere between here and Indiana, where I have friends.

I have cash, and am all set up to tow. Just need a little fiberglass toaster box to hook up to my square car

Thanks!

Raya

Old 10-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #2

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Raya
I have one I may consider selling and only about about 70 miles away from you. Is that close enough.
Eddie L.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #3

Well no, I was thinking more like about 20 feet.

No, ha ha, that sounds great! I will PM you.

Thanks,
Raya
Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #4

Well, I went to see Eddie's trailer today. It was a pleasure to meet him and talk "eggs," but his camper is a Compact II and I'm looking for a Compact Jr.

So.... still looking for a Compact Jr., if you have one you might want to sell, or see or hear of one and want to pass along the info.

Thanks,

Raya
Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I have a 72 Compact Junior for sale in Connecticut. I could email you pictures later this evening

Doris
Old 10-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #6

Hey Doris, that would be great! I'll send you a PM (private message) with my e-mail address. Just let me know here if you have any trouble accessing it.

Raya
Old 10-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I just sent you an email.

Doris
Old 10-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #8

Update:

Doris kindly sent me photos of her Compact Jr. for sale, but as it turned out, a previous owner had fiberglassed the top closed, thus eliminating the pop-up function, which is one of the things I'm looking for.

Sooo...... still no Compact Jr.

Although the Compact II's styling does not appeal to me, I could potentially be interested in a Campster.

The hunt continues!

Raya
Old 10-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #9

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
Smile Have one a compact Jr in Ga

Hey,my name Is Penney Tillery and I'm from Norman park Ga. I bought this camper from my Uncle last spring with intensions to fix it up but have never got around to it.I have redone some of the cabinet doors in,but thats about all,oh yea me and my nephew painted the inside beige when I 1st got it,the color was all washed out.The outside is all oridinal yellow,it has the push up top that has the canvas,mostly still intack,but a rip in one side could be repaired or replaced.Me and my husband are short so it did not matter...LOL..anywho as I said was gonna rebuild but we have too many irons in the fire at once and I just went out and bought a 16 foot 95 camper that needs no work.Email me back my email address is tillery1985@windstream.net and I'll send you some pic's of it.Maybe we can do business,I would like this to go to somebody that wants to restore it.Always like these trailers but don't have the time to remodel,oh yea its a 1971 Compact Jr,everything is orginal it has the kitchen,gas lines,no fridge and no holding water tank someone took it out before my Uncle got it.And he just let it sit for 3 or 4 years before I got it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya L. View Post
Hi Folks,

I have always liked the Compact Jrs. Maybe it's the square shape that goes with my square car So lately I've been thinking it would be fun to have one to fix up.

I've been combing Craigslist, the web, Kijiji, FGRV4sale, site Mash, etc. and have found a couple, but they are either on the opposite coast (I'm in the mid-Atlantic) or they are $2500 and still thousands of miles away, which I can't afford. So I thought I would ask here, as I know some of you might have a trailer you are thinking of selling, or etc. Why not start with the home gang

I don't mind a fixer upper, although one with a decent shell (or even in good shape if it is nearby and/or affordable) would be swell. I have looked at a few, and usually the stick-built interior looks like it could use some help. I don't mind that, as I would like to try out some ideas I have from boat work I promise to give it some love and fix it up right Original gelcoat in a funky color is a plus!

I don't mind driving in certain directions, as I have friends/relatives I could visit. So anywhere on the East Coast would be fine (Florida to Maine), and also anywhere between here and Indiana, where I have friends.

I have cash, and am all set up to tow. Just need a little fiberglass toaster box to hook up to my square car

Thanks!

Raya
Old 10-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #10

Hi Penney,

Thanks for thinking of me
I'll send you an e-mail with "Compact Jr." in the subject line.

Raya
Old 10-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #11

Name: Heath
Trailer: Compact Jr
Ohio
Hi Raya, I wish you all the luck in finding your compact jr. I have one but think if I sold it my wife would make me sleep in my pickup. please keep posting your updates on the search here. I only kn ow pof 2 of them active on this site anywere neer you. Myself and Rick. we loave them and it would be neat to see 3 of them at a meet on the east coast.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #12

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath G. View Post
it would be neat to see 3 of them at a meet on the east coast.
Dream on Heath,
Raya has said she'd show up at meets before and we have yet to see her.
Maybe if we bug her enough, we might get her out to one.
Bolerama is being held in the Niagara area this coming July 15. Maybe if we all get on her case, she might actually come. I'd like to meet her.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #13

Now that is a little bit unfair, Roy, as you invited me to a rally in Ontario, and I live quite a long distance away and had to work to boot!

I did appreciate the invite though. And it's not like I mind a drive!

I would love to attend one!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #14

Name: Clive
Trailer: Boler American #3104
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Dream on Heath,
Raya has said she'd show up at meets before and we have yet to see her.
Maybe if we bug her enough, we might get her out to one.
Bolerama is being held in the Niagara area this coming July 15. Maybe if we all get on her case, she might actually come. I'd like to meet her.

Yeah, she also said a long time ago she would post a pic of her rig . I'm still waiting for that

How about it Raya? Hmmmn?