Eastern Massachusetts: A Fiberglass Desert? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-17-2016, 08:24 AM   #29

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Here's another search engine, specifically for campers:

Camper Finds - every used camper for sale!

You can search types, brands, and regions (state-by-state is not very selective). The site picks up eBay as well as CraigsList ads, though a lot of the CL ads fail to redirect, which means they are probably gone.

For Casita shoppers: I found an ad for a 2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe in Warwick, NY (west of Hudson), which is really too far for us to go and look at, much less arrange to tow back with valid plates, etc. I mention it because it's not listed here, or on the Fiberglass For Sale site, so may still be available:

@@@2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe@@@

/Mr Lynn

Old 04-18-2016, 09:12 PM   #30

Massachusetts
FWIW: We looked at some smallish trailers today at an RV dealer in West Boylston, MA. There weren't a lot used. Of the new ones, we liked the Winnebago Micro Minnies (c. $20k), the Coachmen Clippers (c. $15k), and the Keystone Bullet Crossfires (c. $17k). We liked the layout of the Bullet Crossfire 1900RD, a 22' trailer with a nice big rear dinette by a big window, a big sink, fridge, and bathroom, and a queen bed up front. It's made with fiberglass exterior, and seems quite substantial. But with added expenses (taxes, sway bars, etc.) it would be mighty pricey. We were planning on something used.

New 2016 Keystone RV Bullet Crossfire 1900RD Travel Trailer at Flagg RV | West Boylston, MA | #23963

You know, this "small" trailer seemed huge, much taller and wider than the molded fiberglass ones I see photos of, and the inside was an unpleasant combination of dark wood and drab greyish walls. Somehow the FB manufacturers seem to be able to combine small and light with pleasing, simple aesthetics. Oh well. Just venting. We'll keep looking for a while.

/Mr Lynn

Old 04-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #31

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
]

For Casita shoppers: I found an ad for a 2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe in Warwick, NY (west of Hudson), which is really too far for us to go and look at, much less arrange to tow back with valid plates, etc. I mention it because it's not listed here, or on the Fiberglass For Sale site, so may still be available:

@@@2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe@@@

/Mr Lynn
Ad says fuel is gas and automatic transmission. Price is too low so it's probably a scam. fiberglass campers are favorites of the scammers
Old 04-18-2016, 09:43 PM   #32

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We saw a Whitewater Retro at a rally that was nice. Had some interesting features, front dinette, large fridge, and a bed that you could walk around the sides so easy to make. There is a dealer in CT or RI. The one we saw was a 17 or 19 footer and had lots more interior room than our Casita
Old 04-19-2016, 10:32 AM   #33

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
We saw a Whitewater Retro at a rally that was nice. Had some interesting features, front dinette, large fridge, and a bed that you could walk around the sides so easy to make. There is a dealer in CT or RI. The one we saw was a 17 or 19 footer and had lots more interior room than our Casita
Had to look... A walk-around queen in that size range is unusual. But the thing is 8' wide! (Of course it would have to be...). I'll keep my 6'8" wide Scamp.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:49 AM   #34

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
my ParkLiner is for sale http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...obo-69025.html

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:36 PM   #35

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Howdy Deryk—

I really like what I've seen on the Parkliner website. And I'd be sorely tempted by yours, though I've been hoping to keep the used budget down to less than $10k, and yours doesn't have a flush toilet. My daughter is carrying a porta-potty in their trailer (a '60s Avion), as they removed the bathroom to build bunks for their three boys, but we old folks would prefer a little more. . . facility.

/Mr Lynn
Old 04-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #36

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
You might want to check the lil snoozy. www.lilsnoozy.com They were most accommodating to us and our 3 cats to tour and look at the ones just finished. I ordered last week, and hope to pick up in September. What sold me on the Snoozy, amongst other stuff, was all electric, and the "basement" or storage area under the queen bed also has outside access and is 8 feet wide and about 18 inches high or so, and that is the designated cat litter box and cat bed area. I'll have some LED lights stuck in there so the kitties can see what they are doing, of course. My preference is for ultra light camping, but we like to take the kitties with us since we accidentally became cat "parents" a few years...You and your wife should look at as many different models as possible and not make a decision based on what you've seen over the internet. I really like the idea if asking the manufacturers if there are any owners in the area who would be willing to let you look at theirs, to get some ideas about what might meet needs you're not even aware you have till you see the answer to them.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:07 PM   #37

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
You might want to check the lil snoozy. www.lilsnoozy.com They were most accommodating to us and our 3 cats to tour and look at the ones just finished. I ordered last week, and hope to pick up in September. What sold me on the Snoozy, amongst other stuff, was all electric, and the "basement" or storage area under the queen bed also has outside access and is 8 feet wide and about 18 inches high or so, and that is the designated cat litter box and cat bed area. . .
Thanks for the suggestion, Mitzi.

The Lil [should be Li'l] Snoozy is certainly interesting. Aside from aerodynamics, the sharp profile looks mainly space-limiting to me. I do like the all-electric approach, and the wired-in generator (should have solar, too). I rather prefer the side-dinette layouts of some Casitas, Scamps, and the ParkLiner; the L'il Snoozy looks a little more expensive than those. And it has a cassette toilet, not a marine one like the ParkLiner does.

But you are right about trying to see these trailers. I have yet to step foot in any! Don't see any Lil Snoozys used, either. But we just started shopping. Problem is, my wife would like to have something before June. That isn't much time. . .

/Mr Lynn
Old 04-20-2016, 06:36 PM   #38

Name: Keith
Trailer: Looking
New Hampshire
I just picked up my Lil Snoozy (yesterday, actually) and am enroute back to NH. If you'd like to look at it at some point (along with my modifications), let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 05-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #39

Massachusetts
WE GOT ONE!

WE GOT ONE!

See here:

Howdy—Still Looking in the New England Desert!

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote