Escape 17 Layout A - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #1

Name: The Mrs.
Trailer: Bigfoot
Utah
Escape 17 Layout A

So I think I finally settled on what I want/can afford/can pull with my minivan. And now that I have decided, I can't find one!!

I am on the hunt for an Escape 17 plan A. I could order one from Escape, but then I would have to wait until December at the earliest to get it. Boo.

Anyone have one on order they no longer want? Or have a used one they want to sell?

Old 03-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #2

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
I think you are going to find that there are not at the best of times a lot of Escape 17's used on the market and when they do come up for sale they normally go pretty fast. But you are going to have an even harder time if you are wanting an A plan as its not overly popular so not that many of them around. The B plan being the more popular.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #3

British Columbia
Registry
If you haven't found it Escape does have their own used forum. You can get to it via a link on their home page..... more often than not used Escapes get listed there before they are listed elsewhere.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #4

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
To clarify, Escape Trailer Industries is the company site (http://escapetrailer.com/ ). The Escape Forum ( Escape Trailer Owners Community ) is separate, not owned by Escape, in fact has same owner as FGRV.
There is a 2010 15A on the Escape Trailer Industries site currently. It is a private sale and the price has just been reduced.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #5

Name: The Mrs.
Trailer: Bigfoot
Utah
Hi, thanks for the info. Yes, I presume I will just end up having to be patient and wait. I imagine the layout A is less popular, but with two adults and two kids we need the extra space! A bucket loo with a privacy tent seems like it will work outside. Have others tried that model and liked it?
Old 03-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #6

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
There is a 2010 15A on the Escape Trailer Industries site currently. It is a private sale and the price has just been reduced.
LOL prove me wrong.... never say something is pretty rare as sure as heck one will pop up within in minutes!

EDIT: Ooohhh just reread your post Glenn and see its a 15' not a 17'.... so I guess the 17A still remains elusive. :-)
Old 03-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #7

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping_mama View Post
Hi, thanks for the info. Yes, I presume I will just end up having to be patient and wait. I imagine the layout A is less popular, but with two adults and two kids we need the extra space! A bucket loo with a privacy tent seems like it will work outside. Have others tried that model and liked it?
I thought that Escape use to offer an option to allow a removable bunk at the front of the B plan .... don't see it on the current list but you could call them and ask about that. Some folks with children get the screen room and stick the children outside .... if they are 10 years or older they will probable be asking to camp out in their own tent by the trailer anyways.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #8

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
I think the last count on the Escape Forum was four people currently looking for used 17Bs.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #9

Name: Jamie
Trailer: Escape 17'
Alberta
I have one for sale.

Well kept and great condition. Only selling due to growing family. Here are the details: molded fibreglass trailer that weighs less than 2000lbs and can be towed with a minivan.

Standard Features: 10' Fiesta Awning, 12,000 BTU Furnace, BRAND NEW (used only 3 times) 3.0 Cubic ft. 3-way Dometic Fridge, 2 Burner Cooktop, Sink Cover, Power Range Hood With Light, 30 Amp Converter/Battery Charger, Group 27 Deep Cycle Screened Windows, Front Window Rock Shield, 20 lb. OPD Propane Tank with Cover, Locking Water Fill Hatch, 14" Goodyear Tires (ST205-75R-14, balanced), Full Size Spare Tire & Cover Safety Chains and Break-Away Switch, Front & Rear Scissor Stabilizer Jacks, Electric Brakes, 3500lb Torsion Rubber Ride Suspension, Safety Fire Extinguisher, Propane & Carbon Monoxide Detector, Smoke Detector, Vinyl Flooring, Custom Wood Interior Finish 3 - Burner Stove with cover, Air Conditioner (inside above fridge), Bike Rack Ready, Dual Propane Package, Equalizer Hitch, Exterior 120V Outlet, Factory Tinted Windows, Maxx Fan, Front Rock Guards, Hitch Wheel, Exterior Shower With Hot Water Tank, Screen Door, TV / 12V Outlet, 12 Volt Outlet,

Reinforcement Under Front and Rear Windows for Customer Modification (bunk bed)* Double bed upper bunk*, Commercial cushions for upper bunk, Storage bin above propane tanks, Dual battery framed on front, Hitch Receiver storage on front - * seller can remove upper bunk in 30 minutes to restore to original condition (double dinette/bed) if desired.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #10

Name: Jamie
Trailer: Escape 17'
Alberta
Here's the thread and pictures on the trailer:
For sale 2007 Escape 17a trailer $15,900
Old 06-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #11

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Scamp
British Columbia
We are selling our 2012 16' Scamp which has a similar floor plan to Escape Plan A - front couch turns into bunk beds - no waiting for it to be build - ready to go.

For Sale: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers - Fiberglass RV
Old 08-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #12

Name: margaret
Trailer: currently shopping
Alberta
[QUOTE

Is there a bathroom?? not mentioned, what is the price. is it 17A or 17B model. I am in Edmonton.
Margaret
=Jamiemac;448776]I have one for sale.

Well kept and great condition. Only selling due to growing family. Here are the details: molded fibreglass trailer that weighs less than 2000lbs and can be towed with a minivan.

Standard Features: 10' Fiesta Awning, 12,000 BTU Furnace, BRAND NEW (used only 3 times) 3.0 Cubic ft. 3-way Dometic Fridge, 2 Burner Cooktop, Sink Cover, Power Range Hood With Light, 30 Amp Converter/Battery Charger, Group 27 Deep Cycle Screened Windows, Front Window Rock Shield, 20 lb. OPD Propane Tank with Cover, Locking Water Fill Hatch, 14" Goodyear Tires (ST205-75R-14, balanced), Full Size Spare Tire & Cover Safety Chains and Break-Away Switch, Front & Rear Scissor Stabilizer Jacks, Electric Brakes, 3500lb Torsion Rubber Ride Suspension, Safety Fire Extinguisher, Propane & Carbon Monoxide Detector, Smoke Detector, Vinyl Flooring, Custom Wood Interior Finish 3 - Burner Stove with cover, Air Conditioner (inside above fridge), Bike Rack Ready, Dual Propane Package, Equalizer Hitch, Exterior 120V Outlet, Factory Tinted Windows, Maxx Fan, Front Rock Guards, Hitch Wheel, Exterior Shower With Hot Water Tank, Screen Door, TV / 12V Outlet, 12 Volt Outlet,

Reinforcement Under Front and Rear Windows for Customer Modification (bunk bed)* Double bed upper bunk*, Commercial cushions for upper bunk, Storage bin above propane tanks, Dual battery framed on front, Hitch Receiver storage on front - * seller can remove upper bunk in 30 minutes to restore to original condition (double dinette/bed) if desired.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #13

British Columbia
Registry
[QUOTE=margaret so;477622][QUOTE

Is there a bathroom?? not mentioned, what is the price. is it 17A or 17B model. I am in Edmonton.
Margaret
=Jamiemac;448776]I have one for sale.

Margaret it was an A model (which do not have bathrooms) but the trailer was for sale back March and the seller last seen here in April so its a good bet the trailer has sold long ago - but you should send them a Private Message (click on their name) to confirm.

Tags
escape