Escape 5.0TA search - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #1

Name: Friskie
Trailer: Shopping
Colorado
Escape 5.0TA search

Hello,
We are looking for a used Escape 5th wheel trailer.

If you have one that you are considering selling, please let me know.
Thank you.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:29 PM   #2

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
If you are not, I would suggest keeping an eye on the Escape forum. They very rarely come up for sale, and when they do get snapped up quickly.

Have you considered putting in an order for one?

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:59 AM   #3

Name: Friskie
Trailer: Shopping
Colorado
Buying new

I called about buying a new one, and cannot pay $35,000 US. I see that often times owners will upgrade to the newer models, so were hoping to find something like that.
We are also interested in the Northern Lite truck camper, or the Bigfoot truck camper.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #4

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Hikers View Post
I called about buying a new one, and cannot pay $35,000 US. I see that often times owners will upgrade to the newer models, so were hoping to find something like that.
We are also interested in the Northern Lite truck camper, or the Bigfoot truck camper.
You will save very little buying used, they hold there value very well. What you do save is in the wait time.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:43 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
You might check the classified archives here and on the Escape forum to get an idea of what the used ones have sold for. If you can live with the smaller single axle 5.0, they are a little older and somewhat less expensive.

Bigfoot also made fifth wheels, both single and double axle versions, at one time. Every now and then a nice one comes up for sale.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Hikers View Post
Model has not been out long. Do not expect very much of a discount (if any) on used. People WILL pay a new price (or very close to new price) for a used Escape to avoid the 6 to 9 month wait. We did it. Apparently we are not alone in this regard as the seller we bought from had multiple buyers lined up on day 1.

Escape is one of those brands that there just aren't many of them out there. And the fifth wheel tends to be what people upgrade to, rather than upgrade from. You will find smaller Escapes, like the 17 footer, where people are upgrading. Even then, the newer used ones tend to sell for nearly new prices.

Now a Northern Lite truck camper has been around a long time. You might find one of those at an attractive price. They are not very common either.

FWIW, list price on the Escape 5.0TA is $35,500 Canadian, which is under $29,000 US. Of course, this is without any options. Hard not to want another $3,000+/- in options.

Tags
escape