Found one that sleeps 6 need advise - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #29

Name: Isabelle
Trailer: Livin Lite Quicksilver 10
Quebec
Hey guys....I will decide today wich one of a Trilium 5500 or a BOler 17FT I will buy...of course there will have the general look or condition of the trailer but since I never own or see closely neither one of them, if you would have the choice, wich model would you choose and for what reason considering that in every one of them, I would have to built a bunk bed. For the moment, I will let the one from Saskatchewan aside.....

Old 05-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #30

Name: Ruth
Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe/'78 Trillium 1300
Arkansas
Registry
Isabelle, it looks like you have a lot of options with the Shawinigan 5500. I think bunks wouldn't be a problem, either permanent like in the brochure, or you could secure anything to the base, even a portable table as long as it could hold the weight.
What fun!

Ruth

Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #31

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle G. View Post
of course there will have the general look or condition of the trailer but since I never own or see closely neither one of them
The buyers check list will help you know what to look for and compare the two trailers:
Fiberglass RV - Document Center - BuyersChecklist
Old 05-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #32

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth C. View Post
Isabelle, it looks like you have a lot of options with the Shawinigan 5500. I think bunks wouldn't be a problem, either permanent like in the brochure, or you could secure anything to the base, even a portable table as long as it could hold the weight.
What fun!

Ruth
Thank you Ruth, it is the one that I like the most also...but I have to admit that I prefer the Boler exterieur )) I will have to check and put my emotions on the side and take the best one....I saw an old add where the guy had built in a second over head bdouble bed over the gaucho that he left on pkace as aanother double bed...I will see if we could make one in the Trillium...
Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #33

Quebec
HO thanks I didn't saw this...My god, there is so much things on this forum, I'm lost

Thanks to all of you...

The Boler is in Blainville so my brother could go and see. With that list, it will help. As for the one in Shawinigan, I will have to see on the camping forum if somebody can go for me otherwise, I will manage to visit my folks in Trois-Rivières (30 minutes from Shawi) and go check...
Old 05-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #34

Quebec
But would you choice a Boler or a Trillium???
Old 05-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #35

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
I know what made me decide between a Boler and a Trillium was the head room....My husband could stand up straight in the Trillium and had to duck in the Boler.....Might want to check the head room clearances as ducking everytime you go into the trailer gets tiresome.....Good luck with your search and I'm sure the right trailer will present it's self
Old 05-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #36

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
It should be noted that one of the dinettes on the 5500, when set up as a bed is over 7 foot long. Depending on the age of you kids, they could possibly sleep four to a bed, with their heads to the outside and their feet in the middle.

Also, the Scamp layout 7 comes with beds for 5. I don't see any reason why the side dinette could not be set up as a gaucho. Then the trailer could sleep 6. It still would have a closet and a small kitchen. I got a quote last year for a new one, they were in the $11000 range.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #37

Quebec
Thanks Emily, I agree with, everything comes to the one who wait...

Thanks David, I will check that.

My husband is back and now he wants to buy an old one and rebuilt it grrrr that means a LONOOOONG timke to wait since he is working all the time...but hey never say never
Old 05-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #38

Ontario
Quote:
My husband is back and now he wants to buy an old one and rebuilt it grrrr
The Trillium 5500 you were looking at is a 1980, that makes it 32 years old. How old does he need it to be? He will have to modify the bunks.

Just to confuse you more, some Scamp 5th wheels will sleep 6 based on the layout. But they are designed for the small pickups that rarely fit 6, and if it does it is not usually comfortable for extended trips.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:05 AM   #39

Quebec
Quote:
The Trillium 5500 you were looking at is a 1980, that makes it 32 years old. How old does he need it to be? He will have to modify the bunks.
HAHAHAH Roy, sorry I didnT express myself correctly. I should've said one that HAS to be redone (except for the body)....But I don't want that because I won't be able to use it NOWWWW. I dwould like one that I can use BUT, that we would be able to slowly, regularely cahnge somethings. For the 5th wheels, I knew it was existing...but didin't know it cold sleep 6. We actually have a sierra 98 (see, we like old things ) when we go camping. With the trunk, it is easier to bring everything, and also the bikes. It is a 2 doors, but it seats 6, for now, confortably. But I don't want a 5th wheels....don't want another attach, and don't want to loose my trunk.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #40

Ontario
Quote:
For the 5th wheels, I knew it was existing...but didin't know it cold sleep 6.
The floor plan is shown on Layout 8:
Scamp Travel Trailers: 19 Foot 5th Wheel Floor Plans
Old 05-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #41

Quebec
Ho! I've seen this, but I tought that the sofa was only making a single bed...didn't understood that bunk meant naturally 2 single one on top of the other...

Thanks
Old 06-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #42

Quebec
I should have put my new topic here
When buyingan old Boler Exterior fiber??

But I still have a question, I found an old one just on my street that is in the back of the garden. Does the yellow, old exterior is the real originale color or was it white and yellowed with time?