Found one that sleeps 6 need advise - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #1

Name: Isabelle
Trailer: Livin Lite Quicksilver 10
Quebec
Found one that sleeps 6 need advise

Hi everybody,

I finally found one for sale. But as you know, I'm from Quebec Canada and of course, the one I found is in NJ....

here's the link of the ad and I would like your appreciation of the ĘbeastĘ

I don't mind no bathroom since we never use this. But I still think the price is a bit high since it is not the Deluxe version. What do you think?

1999 16' Casita Spirit "Standard" Travel Trailer - Sleeps 6

Isabelle

Old 05-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I can say I had never seen such a thing...... Until this link.

I understand having a extra bunks is gonna wipe out a bathroom, but there isn't even a closet. I can't imagine where you would put everything. Constantly dealing with sleeping bags, pillows, etc.

For me it's just a little to much togetherness.

Are there not better options for your camping needs?

Price wise, seems a little pricey for only beds..... No Ac, heater etc. But honestly they can ask what ever they want. Will they get it? That is the question..........

Old 05-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #3

Quebec
Thank you Robin. We are now using a Quicksilver 10 (all aluminum). but I am a bit tired of the opening and closing routine since my husband is not there often. Since I have 4 kids and I realllyyyyyyy like those model (Casita and co.) but have to sleep everybody comfortably since we already sleep everybody in the QS and if I want my hubby to approve the move (changinf the rv) well, it is not easy...but hey, maybe it won't be that one since I found the price a bit expensive since there is no bathroom and like you said, no ac or heater and not even a real fridge but just an cooler type....

Well, thanks for your respond
Old 05-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
bec

Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15 A
Alberta
I wonder if it looks as good in reality - maybe it is with that price . One could exchange the ice box for a fridge and bid a much lower price - I have not seen many that sleep 6.
Does say or best offer . I would want to see more pictures , especially if it's far away .
Old 05-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #5

Quebec
@ bec: Yes it say or best offer...but what does taht mean exactly...500$ less or 2000$ less....big difference. He has other pics that he can send...I will see.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #6

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Isabelle, there are two prices... what a seller is willing to sell for and what a buyer is willing to pay. But, only YOU can decide what it's worth to you to have it. BTW: A molded trailer of this LENGTH that sleeps six is very hard to find, let alone one that's in good shape, if its as nice as it looks. However, I can offer no opinion on the price.

Good luck on your hunt
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #7

Quebec
Thanks Donna. Yes it looks very nice. And you are right about a thing....there is almost none like this one so I can't really compair...But to be honest, I am a bit worry about buying it over the border...I know that other people have done it, but I would have been more confident with somedody that is a member of this forum )) I will check this deal more closely...

Thank you
Old 05-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #8

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I realize Canadian provinces may have different rules, but Carol H bought a used Scamp in the U.S. and imported it into BC. You might check with her, by sending her a PM: Fiberglass RV - View Profile: Carol H
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #9

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
I agree, it's missing a lot of basic appliances. You can add the following as indicated: (parts and labor) Refrigerator $1400, Furnace $750, Roof A/C $750 etc, but the only "easy" part is paying the substantial bill. If you don't have to have the Sleeps-6 floor plan I would keep looking. If you do need that, yer pretty much stuck the world of small FGRV's has few with that many bunks.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #10

Quebec
Thank you Donna, I'll write to her..

@BOb, well, since we are ging to keep the Quick (because hobby REALLY loves his trailer) I could lokk for a sleep5 but it will be pretty much the same floor plan except for a dinette for2 on the side instead of another couch....or a sleep 4 and put one kid on the floor, since I will probably take the fiber when I'm alone with the kids...ok then, I'll go back to my homework and check what floorplan would be best...
Old 05-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #11

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hi,
I do not know anything about this trailer except I know it has been for sale for a very long time. Whenever I do searches on the NY craigslist, this comes up (lots of New Jersey things do). I search every now and again just to see what is out there, and I have seen this trailer often.
Maybe because of the price? Proceed with caution.....
Marjie
Old 05-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #12

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
It is quite far away, and not quite as big, but with the fold down double bunk above the dinette, it sleeps 6, if three of them are small. It has been for sale for almost two months, so they are probably negotiable on the $5000 asking price.

I do believe that those are the factory original curtains.

I have 5 kids, the kids sleep in the trailer. My wife and I sleep in our travel van, which seats 7, and the rear bench folds down to a bed.

Trillium Camper - Saskatchewan Travel Trailers, Campers For Sale - Kijiji Saskatchewan Canada.

1979 Trillium 13 foot camper in good condition. Equipped with 2 burner hot plate, 3 way fridge, 12 volt water pump, thermostat controled heater and sleeps 6
Attached Thumbnails
Thumb 1.jpg   Thumb 2.jpg  

Thumb 3.jpg   Thumb 4.jpg  

Thumb 5.jpg   Thumb 6.jpg  

Old 05-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #13

Quebec
Marjie S, you think it is a scam?
Old 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #14

Quebec
Ho !!! Thank you David, I'll have a look...