Hello, looking for a light weigh camper - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-13-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
Name: Mary
Trailer: Currently shopping
Hello, looking for a light weigh camper

Hello new friends! Awesome website and love some of the pics! I Hope to find a peace of heaven. I am locate in VA. My son, a 4 years old and I love camping. However, we are looking for a more secure setting or better sleeping arrangement other than the regular tent or the back of my Quest. I know my towing capacity is 3,500. I would prefer something with a bathroom, but I am also willing to compromise it for a cute little light weigh camper. I recently observed a 13 U haul but it needed some repairs and founded the price bit much and the person was not willing to lower it. I am a very serious buyer. I don't mind old as long as it works and in order because I am not a mechanic. I hope to find something under $5000. I like Casita, Scamper, Burro, U Haul, Egg shape, Ham and any small travel trailer. I prefer a none smoker environment as my son and I suffer from asthma. Thank you all for your help. Also I am willing to travel to NC, DC, MD, NY and other close areas Northern VA if I find a good deal. Any help will be appreciate.

rockersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
I can always appreciate someone who is conservative and looks for a deal, within a certan budget. yes, ma'am.

That said? Under 5000 dollars in these FGRVs puts you in the category of considerable work/repair and modernization. I'm sorry to have to say it. It's even a rare unit that is stout and "good-to-go" for under $6000.

Now, admittedly, this is just my experience in shopping, buying and selling these units over the past years. There's nothing to stop fate from washing up a beauty at a fire sale price, right up on your beach. Here's to hoping that happens, but I hope no one is holding their breath as they're likely to turn pretty blue.

I assume the listed U-Haul over in Smithfield, VA is the one you looked over.

bpfick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:03 PM   #3
Name: Mary
Trailer: Currently shopping
Yes I went to see it and I am very interest. I am just a simple mom who don't make much looking for to buy some good adventure with my son. I hope the right one will come to me. I don't want to spend huge amount in something I still will have to do repairs.
rockersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
Name: Bill...
Trailer: Runaway Camper / Navigator
North Carolina
Runaway Campers

Mary... Go to runawaycampers.com For that little camper you want.
The cost of picking it up and having it sent by car carrier is the same to VA.
wmgonyeajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:29 PM   #5
Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 13
Don't give up hope. I got my 1999 Scamp 13 for $5800. It was fully functional, I have yet to find any major problems with it, other than two of the 12 volt lights didn't work . They have been repaired. Also, the hand pump needed replacing, it leaked when pumping.

The only critical deficiency I've found was the spare tire is severely dry rotted. The tires on the trailer are only three years old and in good shape.

I think you have a reasonable budget to find something usable. Might have to increase it a bit. Keep looking. Good luck.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote