Help! Desperate! Lack of OXYGEN ! - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-10-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Help! Desperate! Lack of OXYGEN !

Spent my life looking for a needle in a haystack, but it was nowhere near frustrating enough for me.

So I've decided to make things even more challenging by looking for a Bonair OXYGEN Trailer in any condition. Yes! A Bonair OXYGEN !

I'm located in BC, and I'll go as far west as the wilds of Manitoba to find one, but not up Mount Logan in the Yukon, tallest mountain in Canada. At almost 6000 meters, ain't no OXYGEN up there.

Would appreciate any leads.......

Old 07-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #2
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
This one in Quebec sold about a month ago. Rare, but they do show up. Be vigilant! Raz

SOLD: oxygen

Old 07-10-2016, 05:30 PM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Quebec
Registry
There was one up for sale north of Montreal a few days ago (different one from above I think). Asking price was $13250. Sold within a week, so there are people looking for them, and you'll have to be quick when one comes up!

As you know it is a rare bird, just like my 5500, but you'll have your chance if you're patient enough.

QC is farther from BC than the 'wilds of Manitoba', but that's where they were made and sold. No one knows how many are left in the province, but if you want to increase your chances of getting one, you may want to look at LesPac from time to time (or set up an alert) it's a very popular classifieds website (www.lespac.com) and many people here will use this site instead of kijiji.

Good luck, I can tell you it's nice to have a trailer that very few people own.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl V View Post
There was one up for sale ... very few people own.
Raz, Carl... thanks for the lead to LesPAC... will keep searching.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #5

Quote:
"I can tell you it's nice to have a trailer that very few people own."
Carl: Yes, I know what you mean. I own a 1973 GMC Motorhome, which incidentally is a full time restoration job. Only 12,000 made and about 9,000 surviving.
Attached Thumbnails
1973 GMC.jpg  
Old 07-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #6

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Evan View Post
Carl: Yes, I know what you mean. I own a 1973 GMC Motorhome, which incidentally is a full time restoration job. Only 12,000 made and about 9,000 surviving.
Kenneth: keep this beauty alive!! Trust me I know what you mean, my Dad owns a 1975 Dodge Travco!!
This might interest you:
The Blue Whale - Restoring a 1975 Travco Motorhome
Old 07-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #7

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Registry
That may be one of the most beautiful GMCs ever. Awesome job!
Old 07-10-2016, 08:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Kenneth: keep this beauty alive ... interest you:
The Blue Whale - Restoring a 1975 Travco Motorhome
Carl... how can I get in touch with you privately?
Old 07-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Thomson View Post
That may be one of the most beautiful GMCs ever. Awesome job!
Pat... yes, they are a nice design, and quite contemporary looking except for the old chrome bumpers and front end grille. So those items are on the list, a bit further down than a pile of other more essential items! Like leaking roof, leaking headers, aluminum door laminates separating, front suspension, and on and on and on!!!
Old 07-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #10

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Carl... how can I get in touch with you privately?
veilleux (at) videotron dot ca

Carl
Old 07-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #11

Name: Ruth
Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe/'78 Trillium 1300
Arkansas
Registry
Kenneth, how far south would you go?
Old 09-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #12

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
oxygen

Hi, There was one for sale north of Toronto last month. Near Owen Sound. Unfortunately east of Manitoba. Don't know if I can find the info, but if interested I will ask around.
jean
Old 09-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #13

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Spent my life looking for a needle in a haystack, but it was nowhere near frustrating enough for me.

So I've decided to make things even more challenging by looking for a Bonair OXYGEN Trailer in any condition. Yes! A Bonair OXYGEN !

I'm located in BC, and I'll go as far west as the wilds of Manitoba to find one, but not up Mount Logan in the Yukon, tallest mountain in Canada. At almost 6000 meters, ain't no OXYGEN up there.

Kenneth in the past 7-8 years or so I have only ever seen a couple of them appear for sale here on the west coast - one in Washington (now owed by a party I know) and another in BC. Not sure who picked the later up.

There were not many made so you do not see them come up to often - more often than not when they do come up they are much further east than what you are willing to travel.

Do a google on this site - there was someone in Nova Scotia? (or the trailer was in Nova Scotia? or there about) that had one and they mentioned on a few different threads (not the for sale threads) in regards to the Oxygen a few times a while ago they were thinking of selling it - they may have even put it on the market but pulled it off.... do not recall the details.

Would be a road trip to remember or you could hire someone to bring out out to you if they still have it and want to sell.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #14

Name: Grant
Trailer: Oxygen Bonair
Alberta
Quote:

My wife and I purchased one about 8 years ago in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. We're the second owners and we LOVE it! I've never see another with my own eyes aside from pics shared with us from family. These units are an engineering dream, aerodynamic, light and practical. I cringe when ever I see a pic of one messed with, mostly when an awning is added, total desecration. I wax the body every second year. Aside from that and wheel bearing removal and greasing there is nothing to upkeep (obviously winterizing every fall). We moved to Alberta from the Island 6 years ago and return to BC with the Oxygen every summer. This summer we spent a week camping along Okanagan Lake in BC's interior.
We camped in Revelstoke BC last year on our return to Alberta and a gentleman stopped at our site. He indicated that he owned one after an exhausting search and paid $15,500. My understanding is that back in 01 and 02, new on the RV lots these sold for 22 grand. They were a tough sell at the time because you could get an awful lot more in size, luxury and length for 22 thousand.
Presently ours is not for sale, that said, I wouldn't take a dollar less than $15,000. I'm not cocky,...just confident.
Good luck with your search!

Tags
oxygen