Hi everyone - I'm hoping to find a Trillium 13 (soon!) :) - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hello all,

This is my first post here, although I've been reading for awhile (and obsessively checking the "For sale" and "Referrals"). This is such a great site!

I'm in love with the Trillium, and I'm so hoping to find one yet this fall ( I do think the Bolers are pretty cute too). I've been combing the Internet (Craigslist, Kijiji, Ebay) but haven't found one yet. Well, actually, I've found a few of them, but all the "right" ones have JUST been sold. Rats.

I'm looking for a 1300. I'm open to layout/color -- I just want one

I'm hoping someone here might have one they've been thinking of selling but maybe haven't advertised yet, or might know of one I haven't found.

I'd like to use it this fall (up north) and over the winter down south, so I'd like something that is usable pretty much right away. I don't have an unlimited budget, but I'm willing to pay a fair price.

If there's some outside work needed, that's fine (although one in great shape all the way 'round would be great!). I'm a real sucker for a clean interior though

My one deal-breaker would be a trailer that's been smoked in, or that has odors or mold. (Allergies.)

I'm in the mid-Atlantic (US) area but I'm perfectly willing to make even a major road trip. In fact, I love road trips I'm from Minnesota, so if I can visit there along the way, it's a bonus. I have friends scattered around the US and Canada, so maybe I could make a visit with an old friend work along the way. Basically, I'm open for traveling! As long as I can see some photos first, so that I know what I'm aiming for, I'm happy.

Thanks to all in advance, and I'm hoping to be able to chime in soon with questions about my Trillium

PS: I've been following along on April's quest, so of course I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear how her Scamp purchase/trip is going

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Good time for buying as I have seen some lower prices on a few Trillium's locally (B.C) already as the fall sets in. Ontario always has a large assortment of Trilliums for sale if you are willing to travel that far.

One thing I would like to point out (if you don't know this already). The Trilliums were first built in 1972 and each year (up to 1982) there were added features - some of which I feel really improved the trailer.

Our 1972 Trillium was missing many of the features of our 1976 (electric brakes, front and rear shelves, counter extender over bunk seat, more interior lights, silverware drawer under table and better closet layout) and they are all great to have. I have also seen the late 70's model's with a stove window (adds quite a bit of light) and stock porch light. Of all the features I would say the rear shelf is one of the handiest as it holds quite a bit of stuff without interfering with light or the seating area.

Happy hunting!

Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Thanks, Booker. It's nice to get a reply so soon

I did look at a Trillium that had the molded fiberglass shelf in the back - that looked really handy. (Unfortunately the trailer had been smoked in, and with the Ensolite being kind of rubbery I just wasn't sure I'd ever be able to get the smell out, so I passed on it.)

The closer the better of course, but as long as I can get there by road, I'm potentially interested. It would be nice to find one within a couple days' drive (i.e. 1500 miles or less from VA). That does include lots of Canada though (Ontario, parts of Quebec...), and much of the US east of the Mississippi. (And I haven't ruled out driving further for the right one.)

Thanks again,

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote