I'm getting in line for a 13 foot.... - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #29

Name: April
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Oregon
Hi Eve, I sent you a PM

I will get photos of us getting it, and using it for the first time, you can be sure of that! This feels like a good deal, so hopefully it will all go through. There was no hesitation in the owner's voice when Kirk spoke to her ( his phone was so loud I could hear the conversation across the room) . I even sent a follow up email, asking if*we need to get leveling jacks and tire blocks to re-afirm we are coming to get it. 10 days to go!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #30

Name: Ron
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft 2000
Nebraska
Send a message via MSN to Ron Walker
April, The older Scamps ( around 1983 and older) were made to set lower to the ground. If you have 3" of clearance (about the size of a fist) from the top of the tire to the wheel well, the axle should still be okay for awhile. I was told this by someone from Dexter axle and also a local suspension shop that replaces axles. I also have a picture from a new 1983 brochure and can see that it sets lower than later model Scamps

Old 09-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #31

Oregon
Thanks Ron. I just got another email from the seller, asking if we are really going to come out to get it because she just pulled it from her storage lot, and it pulled like a dream... so we replied that we are definately going to be there the day we scheduled with her. She says*she had*the axle/tires/brakes*inspected and they are in good condition, so we should at least be able to get it home safe. I think this one is in the bag, I just have to wait one more week!!*
Old 09-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #32

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrats April, I hadn't seen the update of your new purchase, and was looking thru the referrals and saw one in Kansas that Greg posted................ thought ewwwww, it's a April trailer, . But someone will find it for themselfs. Enjoy! Robin
Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #33

Oregon
Its*a*near*purchase... the seller is holding the camper for us until next week, but we have been corresponding back and forth and I am 99.99999% sure its ours!!

Quote:
Congrats April, I hadn't seen the update of your new purchase, and was looking thru the referrals and saw one in Kansas that Greg posted................ thought ewwwww, it's a April trailer, . But someone will find it for themselfs. Enjoy! Robin
Old 09-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #34

Trailer: 81 Perris Pacer / 72 Jeep CJ
Hey April, I know you're kinda locked into to buying the scamp in Florida, but I ran across this really sweet looking Burro that you may want to look into. http://pensacola.en.craigslist.org/rvs/845647155.html
Old 09-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #35

Oregon
Nice try Eve,*but*that was*the same Burro I tried*to go get*last*week, it*sold pretty much*the same day he*listed it.*I was*on*the*phone with him*while he was selling*it. We*did try*for*that*one.*

Quote:
Hey April, I know you're kinda locked into to buying the scamp in Florida, but I ran across this really sweet looking Burro that you may want to look into. http://pensacola.en.craigslist.org/rvs/845647155.html
Old 09-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #36

Oregon
Cool

We are counting down the days!! I spent this evening clearing out the area we plan to park our camper. I was thinking about putting a couple of boards under the tires when we do park it, is this a good thing? I just seem to remember something about keeping the tires out of the grass/dirt being important. 5 more days to go!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #37

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
We are counting down the days!! I spent this evening clearing out the area we plan to park our camper. I was thinking about putting a couple of boards under the tires when we do park it, is this a good thing? I just seem to remember something about keeping the tires out of the grass/dirt being important. 5 more days to go!
So when are you leaving?

Pam
Old 09-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #38

Oregon
Cool

This is it folks!! We are heading out in the next hour to go to FL for the camper!! We should be proud owners by this evening! We plan to stay out on the beach for a day or two to break her in! Be back in a few days with details...

Have a pleasant week everybody!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #39

Hope it all has went well for you April, Enjoy, Your trip home! Robin
Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #40

Oregon
Cool

We got it!!

I am sitting in it right now, we spent last night in an rv camp area near where we picked it up. It is in decent shape, still needs some TLC, but we are very happy with our find!! Definitley good enough to stay in last night. We plan to stop in at another state park tonight that is closer to home, to break up the drive. Pictures to come after we get home again...

YEAH!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #41

Trailer: 81 Perris Pacer / 72 Jeep CJ
Cool! Congrats April & have a safe & fun road trip home!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #42

Oh good, I am glad to hear that your happy with your purchase! Enjoy! Robin