Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Don't forget to change your RV Type!!

Congrats!

Pam

Old 10-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #44

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Awesome news! Another satisfied Fiberglass RVer....

2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #45

Name: April
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Oregon
We made it home safe!! The camper pulled great! We ended up getting new tires before we left, and the hubs on both sides stayed nice and cool all the way back. It handled the long bumpy highway through Louisiana pretty good, we were able to keep our speed between 55 and 65 most of the way back. We camped for 2 nights on the way home, and it was really comfortable, even with out all the extras. I am pretty beat from being in the car all day, so I will have to post photos tomorrow. I did get pictures of the inside as it was set up when we bought it for our before/after photo collection. I will put together a slideshow. Now is the fun part... getting to fix it up.

Let the good times roll!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #46

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
April....
Glad you both made the trip okay and especially glad to hear the hubs stayed nice and cool as that is a big part of the picture.... like you said "nows the fun part fixing it up" really happy for you both.
Joe/Linda
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #47

Oregon
here are my pictures....

<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=c3zu7e...;localeid=en_US

enjoy!
</span>
Old 10-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #48

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
April,

I just joined "officially," but I've been reading for a few weeks -- I came in just as you were starting your search and so I've been following along. Sitting on the edge of my seat when a good one would come up, then... darn when it was sold. I can't believe how nice that camper looks. Score! Thanks for the slide show - I couldn't wait to see it.

Also, it makes me feel like I WILL find one -- which is good after "just missing" about fourteen of them because someone "fifteen minutes away" is on their way over (and then of course they buy it).

Raya
Old 10-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #49

Oregon
You will find one, just keep looking!! I was obsesively searching for ours, combing the web day and night in hopes to find one in as good of condition as this one is for the price. I have already started making minor improvements inside. I added a foam mattress to the front bunk, and pushed the cushions that were on the seat originally, to the back wall, and they fit perfectly. I also got some of that grey foam pipe insilation that has the self adheasive sticky on the inside edges to put around the door facing and the lip that sticks out under the front window where the bunk bed used to be so we won't bonk our heads on it. I added the screen door and did some cleaning up inside today. We set off a bug bomb inside last night to make sure there wasn't anything hiding in there. I was having trouble getting the sticky velcro to stay on the surface of the insilated walls, so I found that using those little flat headed straight pins for sewing pushed in at an angle so they run in and under the insilation layer hold nicely if you criss cross them over like an x. I know this will be semi-permanent, which is fine because we may eventually put a real screen door in. So you can see I have camper fever! Here are a couple of updated photos of the work I did today...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0681.jpg   IMG_0683.jpg  

Old 10-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #50

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
April,
Glad you finally officially joined the club with ownership! Welcome aboard.
BTW Nice screen mod.

Raya,
Once you do get one, 2 or 3 in better condition or with features you wished you waited for will appear less than 15 minutes away and seem to hang around for ever.

But, you'll love yours for what it is ...

been there, done that
Old 10-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #51

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
Raya,
Once you do get one, 2 or 3 in better condition or with features you wished you waited for will appear less than 15 minutes away and seem to hang around for ever.
Hee hee, I just know you're probably gonna be right. Somehow, having it stated "out loud" -- and by a board veteran -- makes it seem more funny and less awful. Thanks

That's not to mention that if I added up the gas and time I've spent looking at prospects that turned out to be leaky, smelly, etc., I could just have bought an "expensive," nicer one in the first place.

Ah, the emotional roller-coaster of egg (house, car, etc.) shopping. LOL

Raya