In Arizona; dreaming of a 13 footer - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-08-2018, 10:25 PM   #1

Name: Annie
Trailer: On the lookout for 13í
Arizona
Talking In Arizona; dreaming of a 13 footer

Hey yíall. Iíve been saving my pennies for a few years now and Iím seriously in the market. I live in the Flagstaff area but Iím willing to road trip for the right little fiberglass nugget. Iím open to all makes, models and years. My current tow vehicle has a 2700lb limit. (Subaru Outback) Something that will be compatible is a must. Iím not mechanically inclined so something with minimal issues would be preferred. Ugly is okay! My price range is in the $5,000-$6,000 range at present.

Thanks for considering me as a new owner for your beloved camper. I work in the outdoor industry and would make sure it gets out on adventures with me and my 6 year old nephew. Lots of fishing and backpacking on the horizon now that heís old enough.

anniepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:56 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
North Carolina
Registry
Trailers in the $5K to $6K range tend to need some work. I'd consider a higher budget. But hey, you could get lucky!!

Check the fiberglass rv for sale website, click on sold trailers. You will see the price trend on Scamps (assume trailers sold for close to asking price, that has been my experience). In that price range you tend to see Scamps from the early 1980s (35 years old +/-). Stuff wears out after 35 years, even on a well maintained trailer. Around $8K you see some in the early to mid 2000s, with nice features like roof air and awnings.

thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #3

Name: Gregg
Trailer: 1985 Burro 13ft.
Arizona
1982 13ft. Burro

I have an 82 Burro that could be for sale if the right offer were to be made. I've had this little gem since 1995. Always been garaged and well maintained.Has many extras as gregg2190@yahoo.com for further correspondence
Gregg Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:05 PM   #4

Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
Check out the one for sale in Florida.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #5

Name: Michel
Trailer: Trillium
Quebec
If you a ready to cross the north border here is one not to expensive with the money exchange for you... Copy and paste that link ....
Michel from Qc.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trail...ationFlag=true
michelvachon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #6

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Harrison View Post
I have an 82 Burro that could be for sale if the right offer were to be made. I've had this little gem since 1995. Always been garaged and well maintained.Has many extras as gregg2190@yahoo.com for further correspondence
We have seen Greggs Burro, and it really is a nice, well loved trailer.....sad to see it go, as we will miss you guys.
Dave & Paula
David B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:49 AM   #7

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
It is a good time of year to find those bargains. Some people do realize that storing a trailer until the prime time of year for sales cost money and that it might as well be reflected in the price during the slower winter months.

No doubt there are some small trailers in Arizona storage yards that snowbird owners might want to let go of. The time does come when long trips in small trailers gets too hard for some older bodies. So one approach might be to ask the RV storage yards if they have a tenant who has left a trailer sitting there for quite a few years and if so could they possibly help you make contact? Such a trailer will most likely need new tires and such, it won't be problem free altogether but the price might be attractive enough to compensate for that.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:56 AM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Flagstaff is pretty far from snowbird territory, and not many snowbirds own 13' trailers. Actually, not many Arizonans own 13' molded trailers- Casita 17's are far and away more common.

But it never hurts to keep your eyes open locally- that's how I found mine, and fall can be a good time to be looking- bought mine in late October. And it certainly never hurts to ask, especially if a parked trailer appears unused.

But that's like waiting for lightening to strike. I would set up a regional search on a site like SearchTempest.com. Just beware of scams- they abound on Craigslist, especially for 13'ers.

That Burro sounds worthy of a drive to Phoenix.

Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote

« 2018 Scamp | - »