ISO 13 foot'er - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #1

Name: Scott
Trailer: In search of!
Ohio
ISO 13 foot'er

ISO 13' fiberglass camper. Love the Burros and the Scamps, but open to anything, really.

Looking for something that's travel-ready, turn-key-and-go. Some tinkering is fine, but really not looking for a project. Looking to hit the road. So: working appliances (stove / sink / fridge), sound substructure / tires, working taillights, etc.

Hoping to find something around $7000.

Hauling with a Honda Element, so must be under 1500lbs.

Located in NE Ohio, but will travel to you if it's reasonably close (5-7hrs). If you want to travel to us, that's even better. Can work out additional delivery fee.

Thanks!

Old 02-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Let me know how pulling with an Element works for you. We have an Element, it barely can power itself down the road, but we love it! Wouldn't mind occasionally pulling my Trillium with it, but its pretty marginal. I live in the mountains of NC, so regardless of where we camp, I have to drive in the mountains to get home. My wife would not forgive me if I damaged her Element.

Be sure to get a trailer with brakes.

I think your budget is realistic for a Scamp, maybe not for some of the other brands. Some brands, the projects are going for $5K or more, and the work required can be significant.

I would avoid a trailer with a bathroom, as that will put your weight up and fitting a bathroom in a 13 footer means you sacrifice something else, like the front gaucho/bunk bed. Space is at a premium on any trailer, and a 13 footer more so, as the body of the trailer itself is only 10 feet long. Some carry a portapotty and store it in the gaucho bench.

If Honda would come out with a V6 Element, I would be waiting in line to get one.

I can't go over a block, any direction, without facing a serious hill. Great for exercising! Not so great for under-powered towing.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #3

Name: Scott
Trailer: In search of!
Ohio
Thanks for your input... definitely still getting oriented in the world of FGRVs, so your insight is much appreciated!
Old 02-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #4

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Boler 13' 1974
Ontario
Registry
Element tow vehicle

We find our Element fine for towing our Boler 13'. No hills in our area to speak of, but tows easier with our 2011 MKX.